Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Phone" app and "Contacts" app not working

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 01:31 PM)
AfnaanAhsan
First Poster
Options

I have been using the samsung galaxy s10+ exynos version for the last 1 year. For the last 3 days, my "Phone" app and "Contacts" app is not working. Whenever i open the phone app and go to call logs, it keeps crashing. When i enter contacts app, it says "updating contacts" and the circle keeps circling and no contacts appear. Sometimes a message appears "We are indexing your contacts....". I cannot add new contacts, canbot see existing contacts. When someone calls me, thier name no longer shows up. I tried clearing cache and data for these apps, same result. I reset my phone settings, same results. How to fix this.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Sorry to hear that you have difficulties using your phone as a phone.

Did you already start your phone?
If yes:

Does the problem exist in save mode?
Go to the "shutdown" menu -> Press and hold power off (Do not release!) -> Select safe mode and check if the issue persists in there. 

I also advice to manually check for updates (In the galaxy market, playstore and the settings). There might be an update around that  solves the issue. 

gcell2004
First Poster
Options

hi! After putting it in safe mode and then back it solved the problem. Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
AfnaanAhsan
First Poster
Options

Hi, i tried safe mode, but the problem persists in safe mode as well and also when I turn it back on in normal mode

0 Likes
AfnaanAhsan
First Poster
Options

I did all those things u mentioned. restarted my phone, tried safe mode, installed latest software update. the prolem still persists.

0 Likes