Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 Plus - What are the hardware differences between US and EU models?

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 10:01 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi, I unknowingly bought a US Galaxy S10 Plus in the UK for use in the UK.

Trying to work out the pros and cons of this - I know the processors are different, but perhaps the SnapDragon is no worse.  So I may want to keep it.

But if physical parts are different, hardware servicing might be difficult in the UK...

- replacing the battery

- renewing a cracked screen

For the Galaxy S10 Plus, what are the hardware differences between US and EU models?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The difference is the chipsets and with that supported bands. Certain US models support CDMA which is a standard most countries do not use. Also the supported bands may differ to the UK networks and therefore some may have "limited" availability. In general however, the phone should function closely to a UK model. The major difference I'd say would be in the OTA updates in which case you may find updating to the latest software and security patches a little more troublesome.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Dean89
First Poster
Options
No different hardware wise. Infact the snap dragon was better than the exnos for the s10 generation of phones
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Can't both be true.

You imply that the only hardware difference between Galaxy S10 Plus US and EU versions is the processor.

Does anybody say otherwise?

0 Likes
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The difference is the chipsets and with that supported bands. Certain US models support CDMA which is a standard most countries do not use. Also the supported bands may differ to the UK networks and therefore some may have "limited" availability. In general however, the phone should function closely to a UK model. The major difference I'd say would be in the OTA updates in which case you may find updating to the latest software and security patches a little more troublesome.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, that post was contradictory. The radio is different since 5G bands in the US are different to the UK.
0 Likes