Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get live view on Ring indoor Stick-up cameras when using mobile data using Samsung Galaxy s10 (wifi is ok)

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 11:26 AM)
davidjh
Apprentice
Options

Greetings - i have an issue that i have tried fixing for months but to no avail. I have a Ring Video Doorbell and 2 Ring indoor Stick-up cameras that i use via the Ring app. Everything works fine on wifi but the Stick-up cams cannot live view when using mobile data. The video doorbell does work remotely but the cameras just wont connect.

My wife and i both have a Galaxy s10 and both have the same issue. I believe the problem happened a few months ago after an update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem persists.

I have tried using my work iphone and my sons phone (not Samsung) and the cameras connect perfectly using data when remote but the Samsung Galaxies just wont connect.

I previously had an issue with external cameras (not ring) and this issue was fixed by changing the DNS to dns.google.

I am at a loss for what to do next and would really appreciate any help or advice. I am sure the issue is with the phones not the Ring system.

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try turning off 4G LTE. I have read only 2g and 3g is supported.
0 Likes
davidjh
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for the reply. When i change to either 2g or 3g the app says it requires wifi and refuses to work. I am baffled as i am trying to use data. I have tried adding the app to data only programme but that doesnt work either.

I am convinced it definitely is a Samsung issue. I will update if i find an issue.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
VincentValentine
Explorer
Options
Any update on this issue? I have the same problem with my S21 + 5G
0 Likes
davidjh
Apprentice
Options

I have tried numerous things and suggestions. I am convinced it is a Samsung issue.

I wont be purchasing a Samsung phone again - there are far too many issues.

VincentValentine
Explorer
Options
I have spent hours and week's for over a month and exhausted all options with zero success, to the point is driving me crazy. I won't list all the things I have tested and tried to resolve the issues because it is an endless list. No one seems to be taking any liability. Samsung last week 'flashed' my S21+ 5G and no surprise didn't resolve the issue. They said that they are happy to replace the motherboard; however, the engineer and I both agree it will not fix the issue.

I am wondering is it a bug issue on some of the handsets? Either way, what's the point of the phone when I can't use it for security purposes? 🤷
0 Likes
VincentValentine
Explorer
Options
Hi all, I have had this problem for a while now. But I have managed to fix the issue on my phone by following a thread. Try this - it finally fixed this nightmare of a problem. If you are stuck with the instructions do let me know and I'll try talking you through it. And please also confirm if it resolves your issue.

The problem is the APN settings. So my provider has the apn protocol set to IPV4/IPV6. You want it set to IPV4 only. The next problem I had was that all these settings were greyed out. So I made a new connection by clicking 'add', copied over all the same details as previously apart from changing the apn protocol section to just ipv4, for the password section just make anything up. And it worked!! I can now see live view without WiFi on my phone. I hope this helps

Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names

davidjh
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks but i purchased a nest camera and dont use the ring cameras. Now i cant see the nest using Alexa.

Im at a loss with all this stuff.