Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug?

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 07:56 PM)
spean
Navigator
Options
Is this Genuine please I'm thick as a bit wood, On chrome & keep getting this notification! Screen ***** attached thank you 💯👍

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

You can take further steps -

In Chrome, open settings, 

1. Click on Security and privacy > Clear browsing data > Advance > tick 1st 3 check boxes > click on Clear data

2. Go back to settings and click on Site settings > Cookies > select block third party cookies 

3. Go back to Site settings, click on Notifications > toggle it on.

4. Go back to Site settings, click on Pop-ups and redirects, ensure that it is toggled off.

5. Go back to Site settings, click on Ads, ensure that it is toggled off 

6. Go back to Site settings, click on Automatic downloads, ensure that it is toggled on (Ask first)

Same for Clipboard and USB - toggled on (Ask first).

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
DONT CLICK ON THE LINKS. They are ads and can lead to viruses and malware. They are all fake.. Just clear the chrome cache and history
spean
Navigator
Options
Thank you very much indeed! Much appreciated 👍
SpiderBiff
First Poster
Options
Looks like spam, ads. I would run a scan of the phone to make sure you remove any potential malware
spean
Navigator
Options
Im thick as tech wise was trying to stream a football site so I restarted phone 📱 cleaned Cahce of chrome & Samsung security scan it seems fine as said my phone be knackered within 5 mins? Honestly I'm thick as 52 irish lol but appreciate your feedback indeed 💯👍
0 Likes
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

You can take further steps -

In Chrome, open settings, 

1. Click on Security and privacy > Clear browsing data > Advance > tick 1st 3 check boxes > click on Clear data

2. Go back to settings and click on Site settings > Cookies > select block third party cookies 

3. Go back to Site settings, click on Notifications > toggle it on.

4. Go back to Site settings, click on Pop-ups and redirects, ensure that it is toggled off.

5. Go back to Site settings, click on Ads, ensure that it is toggled off 

6. Go back to Site settings, click on Automatic downloads, ensure that it is toggled on (Ask first)

Same for Clipboard and USB - toggled on (Ask first).

Hope this helps.

Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
If you need football channels either buy sky or iptv not websites like that
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Hi spean,

You can also do the steps laid out on this page: Deactivate Notifications from Websites on my Samsung Phone | Samsung HK_EN

You likely (intentionally or intentionally) visited a website with some sort of malware. Between this and the above answer, you should be sorted.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

spean
Navigator
Options
Yep got Sky / Virgin now 👍
spean
Navigator
Options
Thank you 👍
0 Likes