Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery again

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 11:50 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , I've tried all sorts , dark mode , optimization etc ( don't like that , notifications delayed ) and as you can see my S10 Exynos is as good as ever , if I'm at work then I don't really use it so I'm left with about 25% left at end of the day BUT when I'm off at about 8.30pm it's dead !

Screenshot_20210804-163422_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use 2, an S10 and S21 Ultra. Battery wise the S10 needs a charge after 24 hours, the Ultra lasts just over 2 days.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Just gonna go ahead and guess that its to do with how old the phone is and the fact that it uses the Exynos 9820 processor instead of the Snapdragon 855 processor.
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , yes it's the 9820 Exynos chip , phones 2 and a half years old now . As mentioned Firefox is using 22% of the battery so tomorrow I'm going to use 3 browsers , chrome , Firefox and Samsung browser and use them for same length of time , see which uses more battery then switch to the best and see how the battery lasts , IF it's still the same I'll probably get the OnePlus 8t .

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

How does your S10 last 24 hours ? 

0 Likes
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
Firefox nightly isn't optimised for battery performance as its a development browser and isn't intended to be used as a main browser
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Get the Oneplus 9 Pro, it has the Snapdragon 888 5G and when I used it in store, I fell in love with it straightaway. It was so smooth and fast and so much better than my current S20 Plus 5G which I got last August. Wish I waited for the Oneplus 9 Pro before but I guess its too late and I really needed to upgrade from my 5 year old Galaxy S7. I may or may not get a Oneplus as my next phone since I have never owned one and also because I love the Samsung ecosystem so much that I think it would be hard for me to change to another brand 😭
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know, it just does. Possibly because I don't do social media?
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I took your advice and tried different browsers to see if that would make a difference , force stopped each and used just the one at a time , here are the results of 30 minutes browsing , interesting .....

Screenshot_20210805-124827_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That is a surprise, especially Chrome. I think one of the problems with browsers is the tracking etc so I've installed DuckDuckGo browser which prevents this.

The only trouble is I keep forgetting to use it!
jackdee
Explorer
Options
They don't by alot also delete apps u don't use, and go to device maintenance and go into performance mode and turn on optimised (recommended) then stay there and there should be an option settings go in and turn thw screen resolution to FHD and then turn off video enhancer and UHQ upscaler and do a memory clean with data switched on and keep doing it until it eventually goes to 0% and put all your apps to always be asleep unless u want some to be awake all the time and then do a security scan.
And come out and there is and option called battery optimizer and go in to it and only optimize the very essential apps and Android system settings and ui systems. Hope that helped and trust me battery saver helps alot
0 Likes