Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why haven't Samsung released a "DexBook" yet?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 11:12 AM)
Agronault
First Poster
Options

I mean, the best idea about using Samsung Dex is that you don't need all the desktop hardware to run a desktop enviroment, but you still need a display (monitor/tv).
What if we could use our phones as a notebook runing Dex?

Samsung owns the Samsung Dex software, it could develop the best way to use your phone as a notebook, you could have a very thin hardware since all the component's are inside your phone and not in the dock.

Well, I've made a picture to illustrate it:

simple examplesimple example

As you can see, my version has two battery cell's, so you'll use it to power the display, but it could also charge your phone. It's basically display+ keyboard+ power bank into the same dock, Samsung should make this.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Agronault: This is a great idea for a "next-gen" DeX Station, although Samsung seem to be moving away from the need for additional peripherals in order to utilise the feature. It may interest you to know that it is possible to turn your phone into a touchpad via DeX, allowing you to use it as a mouse and keyboard. To find out more please check the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/
0 Likes
RARenan
First Poster
Options

Gostaria muito de ver esse dexbook, contudo acredito que sem o acoplamento do celular e assim possibilitando a utilização do celular de forma livre. O ideal seria algo estilo o Galaxy tab s6 , uma tela com teclado magnético e com um preço acessível.

0 Likes