Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White line

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 06:42 PM)
Joepoe
Apprentice
Options

Hi on the bottom left of my note 9 right at edge of screen i have a 2inch white vertical line has anyone any idea of what it could possibly be and if so can it be fixed by me or has it got to go back to samsung please

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends if its a software issue or a hardware one, can you get a picture of it, does it show up in screenshots (if yes, then software issue), if not then likely hardware.
Hardware issue probably means new screen, which can be done by urself if u deem urself to be capable, or by Samsung or 3rd party repair shop.
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have One Handed Operation installed or Edge Panels ? Both of these have a vertical line area at side of screen when in use so you can use them ( try swiping to the right on the line and see if it does anything )
If it is either of these you can set position, size colour of the line in their app settings or turn them off
Joepoe
Apprentice
Options

Hi yes ive just swiped on the white line n it came up with google n few other apps how can i turn them off please

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like it's Edge Panels rather than One Handed Opetation
Go to Settings - Display - scroll down and there should be an option in there for Edge Panels - toggle it off
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Actually will just mention I use Edge Panels as shortcut for calling family though not for apps - might be worth having a look at it to see if maybe useful for you - can have different Panels for different things eg apps contacts etc - I only use the contact panel as I said for quick access to calling family
0 Likes
ASM826
First Poster
Options

It was Edge Panels. It was turned on when I got the device.

0 Likes