Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Pitched Noise

(Topic created on: 05-09-2019 10:37 AM)
MeeganNiccole
First Poster
Options

Ever since the new update I have noticed that my Samsung Note 9 makes this high pitched noise every so often, at least a few times a day. My phone stays in a protective case, it hasn't been dropped, no water damage, and actually no damage at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? The noise even happens when there is nothing up on the phone. It sounds kinda like when your ears ring. 

22 REPLIES 22
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not experienced that issue on my Note 9 @MeeganNiccole 

Have you tried a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on ?

Put the phone in safe mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see if the issue stops. 

If not then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MorganM
First Poster
Options

I definitely have this issue. 

I had a cracked screen on a previous phone and assumed it had something to do with that. I received a replacement for it, however, and the replacement does it at an even more pronounced volume. It's like a crescendoing or whirring ring that is in and out.

What is it???

0 Likes
BrookeG
Student
Options

I have had my Galazy S10+ for almost a month and I have been experiencing this very loud emergency like 6+ Beeps. It is at very random times - sometimes in the morning, afternoon, or evening. No notification will display. It does it when my phone isn't being used and the screen is black and it will also do it while I am on it. It is so loud people look at me like what the heck are you doing?! I have no explanation for it. SOOO LOUD & RANDOM! NFC is turned off - but it still does it. Also, this isn't just a little beep - they are very loud beeps that sound like a smoke detector going off. Verizon just keeps wanting to reset the phone & settings. HELPPPPP!!!! 

JW20
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing acute loud very loud screeching out of my Samsung Note 9. it blasted my eardrum earbud that almost 

auto accident. I pulled it out on time. today it blasted so loud the high pitch screeching nose that everyone around in the public place was shocked and afraid.

i have experienced several very loud screeching alarm blowing out of my Unsung note. it blew into my earful that almost caused an auto accident. other times the public place where everyone was shook up from the loud screeching alarm. cant describe the high pitch screeches
Search instead for i have experienced several very loud screeching alarm blowing out of my Sumsung note. it blew into m...
 i have experienced several very loud screeching alarm blowing out of my Unsung note. it blew into my earful that almost caused an auto accident. other times the public place where everyone was shook up from the loud screeching alarm. cant describe the high pitch screeches
0 Likes
garthmicro
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy S9+ phone has begun to have a high pitch whistle - even turning it off does not stop this whistle.  If anyone has a fix I would love to hear it.

0 Likes
Isaacmere
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy s9+ I just upgraded to android 10 and I been hearing a very high pitch whine constantly

0 Likes
Bobbin766
First Poster
Options

I just purchased an LG Stylo 6 and am having this issue. The phone can be setting on a desk, in my hand, whatever and suddenly I get what to most would sound like an Emergency Alert sound emitting from the phone. I have checked all of my notification setting and my notification sounds are most definately this High Pitched Tone. Should I simply return the phone and try another one?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to reach the manufacturer to see if this is normal or not @Bobbin766 ?

0 Likes
Jaedon
First Poster
Options

I'm on the s10e and it won't stop 

0 Likes