Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 9 screen display becomes greenish and blurred after updating the latest OS version.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 03:20 AM)
johncabz88
First Poster
Options

Anyone knows how to fix ? Or facing same issue? .let me know your comment below. 

16 REPLIES 16
Mj2707
Student
Options

I am very disappointed  by the service center and the quality of software  they are providing. This is my 4th samsung device and I faced the same issue with my galaxy S9 plus as well. Samsung needs to review this problem and provide adequate solution s to their loyal customers.  

LesC
First Poster
Options

In the past week or so my Note 9 has begun to exhibit exactly the same behaviour; the screen gradually turn a yellow/green colour, fades & becomes almost unreadable. Some times turning the screen off/on does the trick, sometimes I have to turn the phone off and on again.

My phone is only 6 months out of warranty so I'm rather dissapointed with Samsung; there are reports of this problem reported widely online, on various forums including Samsung & YouTube & other social media outlets. This is certainly a Samsung-specific problem otherwise there would not be so many identical reports of the same problem.

Some have suggested this was due to a software update but if so, I've not experienced this problem until recently.

Having paid hundreds of pounds for a flagship phone (on the basis that I've been very happy with previous Samsung products) I think Samsung must know there is an issue and should be prepared to either issue a software update to resolve (if possible) or failing that to offer free repairs to affected customers.

This is clearly a Samsung quality-control issue so I'd be glad to hear what solution Samsung are willing to offer (and not just saying "take it to a service centre"). Perhaps the should offer a mail-in service to repair customer phomes affected by this issue?

0 Likes
cypher7299
Student
Options

I have the same issue on my Note 9 as well, however, it's not all the time. Mine happens sometimes when I use the lock screen and then I got to turn the display off and on several times to get the color right again. If I just use the finger scanner to unlock it, it does not do that.

0 Likes
Fearny
First Poster
Options
hi I am having the same issues does anyone have any update on the fix
0 Likes
cypher7299
Student
Options

I finally found a posting, can't remember what site it was but the suggestion or workaround was to turn on... always on display... for like to show the clock on the lock screen. That seems to be working just fine for me. There is a little extra drain on the battery but it's working.

Petervb
Journeyman
Options

I also started to get this green screen problem 2 weeks ago, after 5 years of using my Note9. An intensive search on the internet gave many not working "fixes". The only one that works (for me): The Always On Display "fix". When the screen goes green, I push the On/Off button, then the screen goes black (in AOD mode?). Then I tap on the screen once and I am back on a proper working screen again. The person who found this out saved my phone!!

telikas
Student
Options
It is indeed Samsung update that destroyed the screen physically. Only way to use as it is having always on display active. Turning on screen pressing home "button". Such a rubbish ita 2024 and I still like note 9 as its doing so much a things that I may need but thinking of buying a new.