Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

An app that keeps forcing itself into split screen!

(Topic created on: 16-02-2023 09:50 PM)
bassmanitram
Apprentice
Options

I am in touch with the devs, but we cannot explain this behavior of their app on my Galaxy Note 9 and my Galaxy Tab S4 (the latter of which has recently been factory reset and minimally configured after) - when I open their app it briefly starts in full screen and then forces to split screen with the other half of the screen occupied by the app info page; when I try to close the app info half, it reopens:

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
Which app are you reffing to then maybe someone could help you
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bassmanitram: That is strange. Is the issue only occurring with the Chaos Audio app? Next time you open the app, and it defaults to the split-screen view, try tapping the white line in the middle of the partition, then hit the diagonal arrow symbol that appears. Does this make the app go full screen as expected? If not, try heading to Settings > Apps > Chaos Audio > Force stop, then hit 'Open' to see if this makes a difference. 

If you have an Edge Panel set up then you may also wish to try heading to Settings > Display > Edge Panels > Panels > Apps > Edit, and check the panel on the right side of the screen to see if you have Chaos Audio set up to open in split screen. If you do, tap on the tile to remove it. This is a bit of a long shot, but it is worth exploring all avenues in this instance. 

0 Likes
bassmanitram
Apprentice
Options

The video makes it clear - when someone finally approves it

0 Likes
bassmanitram
Apprentice
Options

Hey Andrew - thanks for the suggestions.

• Yes, it is only the Chaos Audio App that this happens with. I'm trying to help them to solve it (or even recreate it - they haven't been able to yet!)
  • Tapping the white line I don't see a diagonal arrow, only an up and a down arrow, and a button to add to the Edge panel.
  • As the video shows, when I slide the line up to close the app info view, the screen splits again a couple of seconds later.
  • Force stop doesn't make a difference (I've already been through many of these scenarios in the last few days)
  • For the settings, I don't have the app set to open in split screen (at one time, while trying to solve this, I had accidentally used the button on the middle line of the split screen to add the split to the edge, but removed it immediately - the problem was already occurring before then and continues after)

But thank you for taking the time to help me here.

0 Likes
Solution
bassmanitram
Apprentice
Options

Apparently, the Chaos guys figured it out without recreating - their newest release has fixed it - for interest, I'm asking what they did, but the bottom line is that on phone and tab the issue is fixed.

Thanks for the responses

0 Likes