Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions not capitalizing first letter of sentence

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 12:04 PM)
Chrismelis
First Poster
Options

When selecting from suggestions for the first word in sentence, the suggested word is not with first capital letter.

I remember that, few months ago I didn't have this issue.

I did a lot of search but no relevant answer found.

Any solution to this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can look at the settings in your Keyboard to set a capital for the first word in your sentence.

Other than that you have the up arrow on the keypad you can hit that will change the starting letter to a capital letter.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Chrismelis: Further to the above, please head to Settings > General management > Samsung Keyboard settings > More typing options > Auto capitalise, and make sure that this option is toggled on. 

For the suggested words to capitalise, make sure to add a space after your full stop.

0 Likes
Chrismelis
First Poster
Options

Guys, I do not have problem with the auto capitilise. When typing the whole word the first letter of the sentence is always capital. The problem appears when I select from suggestions for the first word of the sentence the word is always with small letters. There is no suggestion for the word with first letter in capital.

For example typing Good morning the G is always in capital but when i am typing G the suggestion is always good with small g. By selecting the word good in the beginning of the sentence will not change to capital G

0 Likes
Chrismelis
First Poster
Options

Just found out that, this is happening to suggestions other than English language. I am typing a lot in Greek and there is the problem. The above example is not so accurate. I tried to give an example in English for you to understand the issue.

And strangely the suggestions are showing correctly with first capital letter after i press twice the button !#1 before selecting the word.

This is probably a bug because as I said in my first post this was not happening few months ago

0 Likes