Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 20 ultra Camera unable to auto focus / manual focus below x5 zoom

(Topic created on: 11-07-2021 11:09 AM)
CoffeeO
Journeyman
Options

Recently my  Samsung note 20 ultra camera fail to either auto focus or I'm unable to manually focus when i try to take a photo below x5 zoom. 

Anybody experience this? 

18 REPLIES 18
KholaI
Options

Hey @CoffeeO 

Have you tried clearing the Camera app cache and data by heading into Settings > Apps > Storage > Clear cache, then Clear data, to see if this helps? This won't delete your personal data, so worry not! 

0 Likes
CoffeeO
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Kholal,

Yup, i did that however problem still persist..  I have taken a photo for your reference as well.. Also i'm unable to send for repair in samsung as my phone was bought overseas 'export' set.

Example.jpeg

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

No problem. Is the Camera fully up to date? Google Play Store > Click on your profile picture (top-right) > My Apps & Games > Update Camera app. If this doesn't help, please go to: Samsung Members app > Get help > Interactive checks > Phone care > Interactive checks >  Test the camera. Is it working fine? 

CoffeeO
Journeyman
Options

Hi Carlol,

Yes, current camera has the latest version (11.0.02.97) and phone is also in the has the latest update (One UI version 3.1)..

Tried testing the camera in "Samsung Members app, Interactive checks" however same issues.. camera still remain blur

0 Likes
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, since the camera is still showing this with the interactive check, the next step would be a Factory Reset after you back up your device: How do I perform a factory reset on my mobile device? | Samsung UK

If this still doesn't help, it might be best to have the device checked by an engineer, you can get this booked by contacting Technical Support here

CoffeeO
Journeyman
Options

Hi Carlol,

Apparently i have send it to Singapore Samsung shop for a check and the technician said that the issue is hardware of the rear camera hence it requires replacement. Apart from that, im unable to get it repair for today as my phone was not purchase from Singapore and they will need 'Samsung' to register it in order for local Samsung store to take it my phone for repair. 

0 Likes
Jimbob12
Student
Options

I've had this issue on two different note 20 ultras. Happened to my first one after about 10 months. Got a warranty replacement new one through Verizon....low and behold, about 10 months later, same issue again but now it's out of warranty. I might be done with Samsung phones now. Maybe I'll try iPhone

Nire nire
First Poster
Options

Hello! Did you fix your problem with you camera? I have the same problem. 1x to 5x blurry.

0 Likes
CoffeeO
Journeyman
Options

Yes, by sending it to Samsung store and get the camera replace.

0 Likes