Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen media control is gone?!

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 12:19 AM)
thriftdiving
Apprentice
Options

With the latest update, my media control is not showing up on lock screen. Help! I'm a runner and listen to a lot of podcasts and music while running. It's frustrating now having to enter my code to get into the phone and app to FF or Skip if needed. How do I get the media controls back onto the lock screen? All instructions I am finding online are for previous software that no longer is available or similar to the latest software. Help!

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options

@thriftdiving: Can you try heading to Settings > Lock screen > Widgets > Music, and toggle this option on. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
thriftdiving
Apprentice
Options

This solution didn't work. When I went to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets > Music, I found that the Music option was already toggled to "On." This Lock Screen widget works for apps such as Audible, but for Google Podcasts or TIdal music streaming, it will not work and does not appear on the locked screen. Is there another option to turn this on for Google Podcasts, Tidal, and other music/media apps? 

0 Likes
AshP_
Options

@thriftdiving Notifications will need to be enabled for these apps to be controlled from the Lock screen, you can check this by heading to Settings > Apps > Select the media app you'd like to enable > Ensure 'Show notifications' is toggled ON.

0 Likes
thriftdiving
Apprentice
Options

So I gave this a try, but it doesn't work for all apps. For Tidal, it worked by toggling on Show Notifications. For Google Podcasts, the Show Notifications was already toggled on. So for Podcasts, I toggled it OFF, then On again. I tested the lock screen, and miraculously, it was there. Then, after another attempt to verify Google Podcast was on the locked screen, it was gone! I tried this process over by toggling the OFF and ON switch for Show Notifications, and the lock screen podcast media wasn't there and wouldn't come back. Sounds like a bug in the system? Should I turn off my phone and try again? Why do you think this is happening?

SmartSelect_20220824-063235_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
i just want help
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I tried this and it still doesn't work. Any more advice?

0 Likes
thriftdiving
Apprentice
Options

Nope, still not working for me, either. 😞 I never found a solution. Seems like Samsung doesn't care. I have just been going through the inconvenience of pulling out my phone and having to enter my code to find the app and THEN have access to the media codes. It's frustrating enough to make me want to switch back to an iPhone..smh.....

0 Likes
Members_NLJHiy9
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but I think that I have solved it. Try opening Settings, -Lockscreen, -Widgets and toggling the option -Music on. This should at least solve the problem so far that you only have to press the clock to view media controls, rather than having to open your phone.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi.
i have similar with audio books...shall try the widget toggle, thanks
0 Likes
danx55
Voyager
Options
nope still same for me