Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TomTom Go / Galaxy Note 10+ / Separate App Sounds

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 10:18 PM)
SlowPsycho
Student
Options

Good Morning Everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with an audio issue. I have already asked on the TomTom forums and the first response was "ask on Samsung Members".

I am having an audio routing issue and I know that someone will know the answer. I recently got a Note10+ 5G and used Samsung Switch to transfer everything across (if that matters).

Use case: I use TomTom Go on my daily driver - when driving, I connect my phone to my car's MediaNav system by Bluetooth. The reason I do this is because the GPS directions can not interpose over the old school radio system, but phone calls will.

My old Galaxy S7 - I used Samsung SmartThings to separate the audio by using the Separate App Sounds option in the phones settings. By default everything routed via my car MediaNav, but then TomTom audio comes from the handset. It just worked from the outset.

My new Galaxy Note 10+ - SmartThings does not seem to work as expected. With the phone connected to the MediaNav, the TomTom app still routes via the Bluetooth to the MediaNav. As a workaround I have to manually reset the phones default sound unit each time to the Phone instead of the Bluetooth each time. The podcasts / GPS will go through the handset in this case, but the phone calls still go through the Bluetooth to the car.

I have also tried the Sound Assistant app from the Galaxy store, however this has the same effect albeit no way to default the audio to the handset like the SmartThings app does.

I notice that there is a sound routing option in the TomTom Go app, but I have tried them but to no effect.... obviously I can not go fiddling with it while driving so it has taken some time.

Maybe someone has something similar set up that works?

Hope someone can unscramble my rubbish words and make sense of it.

2 REPLIES 2
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi @SlowPsycho
I also have a Note 10+ 5G (haven't upgraded to the Note 20 Ultra - which I am now beginning to discover it was a smart move) and I also have the TomTom GO app, which in all fairness, I use very rarely.

Have you tried using the Media setting after connecting to your car's Bluetooth ?
I will attach a screenshot.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
I'm getting my note 10 plus 5G tomorrow. Will it receive 2.5 update?
0 Likes