Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security updates slowwwwwww

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 04:01 PM)
Masser
Voyager
Options
I still have January's security update on my phone..we are into march and no further security patch updates appears to be arriving..Will they? 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Monii
Pathfinder
Options
I have note 10 plus 5G as well and couple days ago i had update with January patch instead of February one....my phone already was on January patch.
Masser
Voyager
Options
I get the feeling Samsung don't care anymore
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

According to reports a   rollout for the Galaxy Note 10 Exynos version 9825 has actually started in Europe. See more here https://9to5google.com/2022/03/04/samsung-february-2022-security-update-is-now-rolling-out-for-these... 

Major OS updates for the Galaxy Note 10  series though will end in 2022.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Masser
Voyager
Options
Thank you. I dont know if the version u mention are mine more likely they are. And end of 2022 sucks eh
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Masser  It is 3 years of Os updates and 4 years of security updates.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Masser
Voyager
Options
The daughter got the new ultra 5g plus.. had it in my hands yesterday.. slim and looks good apart from the lenses at the rear.. dont like that many...plus then having to purchase a new cover each time a new model comes put.
I think I'll stick to buying a sim only from 02 and hang onto this phone for awhile. I dont k ow how manufacturers can justify the cost of new phones...
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Generally sufficient numbers are prepared to pay the asking price and fans are  always  looking for advancements, of course there is some clever marketing.  I agree that you do not need to upgrade every year though and tech will not be the priority for everyone.

Masser
Voyager
Options
I used blackberry's since I can remember then moved on to Sony erricson and then Samsung.. wish BB were still going I'd move back tomorrow..
With the way the economy is going feel food etc..having an expensive mobile will be a luxury.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There certainly are cost pressures mind you.  Do not  see the nostalgia for Blackberry myself, though may still be some fan base. They were not innovative enough. https://startuptalky.com/blackberry-case-study/