Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Note10+ Just a $1,000 Paperweight ? 😭

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 09:22 PM)
LeoMayCry
Student
Options

Less than 30 days ago I did something I NEVER do. I splurged on myself instead of 1 of my 4 children. I got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.  I've been EXTRA careful with it as I was shopping around for cases and screen protectors. The other day it popped out of a phone stand and dropped onto a memory foam rug. Well I don't know how maybe the molding IDKπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ₯Ί

it cracked on the edge right beside the volume down button. It's not very big size of a pea but not the phone doesn't work AT ALL!!😭😭😭 A little flash of light when I try to turn screen on but that's it!!!!! I just don't understand how it broke but I still owe $600+ πŸ’ΈπŸ’Έnow one seems to wants to even TRY to help me figure my best options without selling my soul. πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈPhones shouldn't be THAT FRAGILE!!! Yes I DO UNDERSTAND they are made of glass and break/shatter, BUT I see people dropping, tossing, THROWING phones and  MY iPhone has flown across the room(toddler) and still is just as reliable as the day I got it. πŸ’” Any advice is MUCH APPRECIATED  PLEASE and Thank you. I should of NEVER PURCHASED MYSELF SUCH AN EXPENSIVE(paperweight) ITEM. πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜ž

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

Hi @LeoMayCry 

I agree it's an expensive phone but a very good one which is why I bought a Samsung Note10 + 5G myself from Samsung Uk.

It has a curved display which sadly can be a weak point which is why i opt to use a Samsung Leather Clip on case and a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

One recent example is my 2 year old grandson managed to pick up my phone without me seeing and dropped it on the other side of a child safety gate. The bottom corner edge of the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector was cracked but it saved my phones display which is expensive to replace. 

When a phone is dropped it can depend on the angle of drop as it hits the ground , height  of drop and what it's dropped onto. My phone has also had a few drops with no damage until now albeit the screen protector which I've changed. The Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector is not cheap but well worth it. 

I also elect to have my phone included on my Home Contents Insurance as accidental damage isn't covered under the Samsung Manufacturing Warranty.

Some people buy standalone insurance and in the Uk some Bank Accounts cover phones as a perk of the account.

Excess fee's apply.

So in your case if you do not have insurance of any kind then Samsung will repair for a fee but it won't be cheap. Replacing Curved Screens is expensive.

I wouldn't recommend asking a repair shop to do this as they may use inferior parts, maybe introduce further issues and this would invalidate the remaining warranty.

Also there maybe further damage inside from the drop.

There isn't an easy route unfortunately.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LeoMayCry
Student
Options

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

First you're very welcome for my reply @LeoMayCry

:smiling-face:

I love coming here to chat , help and as importantly learn too. :winking-face:

We work hard for our money so it's reasonable to then treat ourselves with any disposable income.

Yes unprecedented times are here and will be here for  the foreseeable future.

We're all in good health and I hope my reply to you finds you and yours in such good health too.

Accidents happen and it's just bad fortune that the end result was the level of damage incurred.

I add protection to my phone but I want this done as minimal as possible as not to fully lose the aesthetics of the phone thus adding too much bulk.

I understand those who want to wrap their phone's in mm's of rubber i.e Ottobox cases etc and that's cool,  but it's not for me.

I also keep my phone in a vertical holster on my hip. Very 80's I know but this way I apply no undue stress and pressure by having the phone in my pockets when I take a seat and it stops dust , lint etc getting into the ports.

I've tried scores of screen protectors from Tpu plastic options to Glass ones with adhesive along the edges and built in options in cases but the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector albeit not a cheap option ticks my wants and needs boxes, and has helped to protect my various phones over the years so I trust the brand.

I don't baby my phone but as I buy them sim free at around Β£1,000+ I also want to look after them.

Don't feel bad about this - stuff happens. It's a possession that can be repaired and fixed or replaced.

Things don't fully stop not  even for COVID-19 !

As ever 🌈 Stay Safe  🌈  and take care.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "