Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10plus sound issue - phone thinks it is on call

(Topic created on: 02-09-2019 05:54 AM)
Chaala
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I am having issues with the sound on my Note 10+.

I first discovered it when watching a movie on Netflix, original Samsung AKG headphones were connected and there wasnt any sound coming. I tried to increase the volume by using the phone volume buttons and on the screen I saw In Call Volume increasing, not the Media one.. even though I go to the settings to increase Media one specifically it didnt change anything.

Then i had to restart my phone and it was back to normal.

Then the next day I realised my alarm sound is not working, it only beeps. Then I checked the selected sound, it was same as before (which is not just a beep). Then I tried to go into the alarm sound selection and clicked on one of them, it gave me an error saying something like it cannot be changed or ring while on call. 

So it seems like my Note 10+ often thinks that it is having a call at that moment.

Not sure if it is a device/hardware or software issue. But thinking to return and get a replacement as it is a big deal for that expensive phone.

Also as a side note, I am not using any screen protectors. I still have the preinstalled one came with the package.

Does anyone having this issue?

Thanks!

32 REPLIES 32
RicoRedd
Student
Options

Same issue!! Nobody else is taking about this??my device is a note 10+ and I'm literally having the exact same issue. Restarting tends to fix it, but within hours it's back to the same problem! Had the same issue with my S8+ but with the note 10+ it seems more severe... With my 8 it was every few days... Not hours

Chaala
Apprentice
Options

Hey i found the issue with my one.

It was one of the 3rd party home security cam app as the app has a mic feature, whenever I open the app (and maybe click the mic) the phone thinks it is a call and it stays in that state until you force stop the app or restart the phone.

Try to check your apps if any of them has this kind of feature and close the app to try your alarm.

I hope that helps to you too..

RicoRedd
Student
Options

Thanks. I have home and business security apps... Both could be the culprit. Sheesh

0 Likes
VickieR
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issues as well. I believe it is my Ring that is causing the issues. I read in a nothe forum that the last Ring update does not work well with the Ring doorbell, but maybe it's the phone. I'm getting really annoyed with having to restart my phone. This morning my alarm went off with no sound. Thank goodness I was warning my galaxy watch. 

0 Likes
Nadine93
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue...missed my alarm for work since it thought I was on a call 

VickieR
Journeyman
Options

What I do now, is go into the app settings and do a force stio on the Ring app. Once I do that everything is fine. 

Hope this helps

Mike89B
First Poster
Options

Same problem, within hours or after aby action back to in call speaker, furious!, when are they going to fix this?

0 Likes
fiberops
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Need to reboot to resolve. Also have Ring app but was not running. Left my phone alone for about an hour, came back and phone no longer showing "call in use." 

I can replicate this issue when I connect to bluetooth to my car. Once it gets connected, I try playing music and shows "call in use." 

Frustrating.....

0 Likes
AhmedReda
First Poster
Options

For me i finally know where is the problem. In my note10+ this call sound problem happens only when i've used discord since the application doesn't end the call although it is ended so the phone think he is in call mode

Meanwhile i dont use discord frequently now and this problem doesnot shows again

0 Likes