Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 plus OFFICIAL screen protector

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 03:46 PM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

Thank you! 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
91 REPLIES 91
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
I've just looked at that in Samsung Members app. The one thing that they don't refer to is the pre installed screen protector which they themselves added. Are they now saying everyone will have to remove that "factory applied" screen protector?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I sure hope not! I'm not removing mine until Samsung will start selling the genuine ones. 

0 Likes
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options

Got the update this morning. Was waiting for me to install. Now to remove fingerprints and re-register them!

Samsung UK online shop is still selling the screen protector for the S10 series but still no sight of one for Note 10 series 😡

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I also just received it. 

It's telling me to delete any fingerprints registered and re-register them without using A screen cover after installing it. This is confusing because I do have a screen cover on my phone,  it is the one that came pre installed and I am not taking it off until they start selling official replacements or offer free screen repairs in case I crack or scratch it. 

Or have I understood the instructions wrong? 

Screenshot_20191025-081044_TADownloader.jpg

0 Likes
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
No you're not reading it wrong. They have just ignored the fact that the phone are shipped with a screen protector already. Once that screen protector is off, you won't get it been on as clean as it is at the moment. I guess the lack of specific information regarding the pre installed screen protector suggests that it refers to all screen protectors, including the pre installed one.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Cosmic730 Thank you for your input! 

A complaint to Samsung is the only way forward for me. 

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

If you still have the original Samsung screen protector YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE IT  because this is a Samsung approved screen protector.

For others I agree it's not clear enough...

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options

Yes the screen protector that was added at the time the phones were being made is "approved by Samsung" because they installed it but Samsung have not referred to their own screen protector in their message which was sent in the Samsung Members app. I've attached a screenshot of the notice.

There is conflicting information but my understanding of the notice sent by Samsung is that if you do not follow their instructions, they will not be liable for any security issues with your phone. Of course if you want confirmation, you can always contact Samsung directly.Screenshot_20191025-143751_Samsung Members.jpg

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

They are talking about silicon cover or silicon screen protector...but I know it's not clear, you can read the same interrogation on all worldwide Samsung forum...
Maybe @AntS can answer to it, it's a Moderator

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Thank you all for the replies.

I did ask and got an official response from Samsung. It looks like I can do the software update and leave the original screen cover on 

SmartSelect_20191025-171853_Twitter.jpg