Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 plus OFFICIAL screen protector

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 05:02 PM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

Thank you! 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
91 REPLIES 91
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
Oh I see, do despite being told by Samsung that the experience stores "should" have them, the position is that there are none at all. I'll have to try the Zagg one I got and see how that goes. Don't like the tempered glass ones, most have a cut out for the fingerprint sensor and just looks weird. I play Pokémon Go and it would make it very difficult to play the game with the hole in the tempered glass! I can't see what the issue is with Samsung not releasing a screen protector like they have done for the S10 and S9 line.
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@MadalinK 

Really not lucky, time happened to put something, Whitestone Dome Glass or something like this one. Personnaly, i would go with Whitestone Dome Glass.i don't like the  cut out for the fingerprint sensor from other company.BUT THEY GET 5 * STARS Many  company sell this 5 stars productsMany company sell this 5 stars products

Does any users here put  another screen protector than Samsung ? We'd like to know your suggestion to help @MadalinK ...

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Cosmic730 wrote:
Oh I see, do despite being told by Samsung that the experience stores "should" have them, the position is that there are none at all. I'll have to try the Zagg one I got and see how that goes. Don't like the tempered glass ones, most have a cut out for the fingerprint sensor and just looks weird. I play Pokémon Go and it would make it very difficult to play the game with the hole in the tempered glass! I can't see what the issue is with Samsung not releasing a screen protector like they have done for the S10 and S9 line.

Yes. So I will have to go back to Samsung and ask for further explanations..

I went ahead and bought a Zagg Ultra Clear screen protector. I took the original one off since it was quite badly damaged and installed the Zagg one. So far so good. It hasn't peeled off - yet.

My partner has tried two different glass screen protectors on his Note 10 plus and they look horrible with that hole where the in display fingerprint is. 

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Cassidy007 Thanks for your involvement! I appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Kay1
Journeyman
Options

The best solution is the tempered glass and uv glue solution. 

The glass is indistinguishable from the native glass it provides the best protection and aesthetics without interfering with screen functionality such as touch and fingerprint scanner.

There are some well known brands, such as 'Whitestone' and 'Amfilm', but also much cheaper ones available from sites such as Ebay and Aliexpress. The ones I use and would highly recommend is this one, which is dirt cheap at around £7.00 for 2.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113882698969

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Kay1 wrote:

The best solution is the tempered glass and uv glue solution. 

The glass is indistinguishable from the native glass it provides the best protection and aesthetics without interfering with screen functionality such as touch and fingerprint scanner.

There are some well known brands, such as 'Whitestone' and 'Amfilm', but also much cheaper ones available from sites such as Ebay and Aliexpress. The ones I use and would highly recommend is this one, which is dirt cheap at around £7.00 for 2.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113882698969

This solution has been offered before and I agree that using a glass screen protector with a liquid glue will stick better on the screen, but I just don't feel confident enough to do it. And also since Samsung issued the notice that extra care should be paid when fitting such accessories, I am really put off. 

As a side note, I am still chasing this with my local Experience Store and Samsung UK and things might change for the better - famous last words.

Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
I'm the same when it comes to glue and uv - although it is an option, I'm not comfortable putting something like that on my phone in the event something happens to the phone. I'm pretty sure, with the announcement about the screen protectors, that Samsung will not cover any warranty repair or screen damage if a screen protector like that is used - it might be seen as unauthorised change that could void the warranty. I don't know how easy the glue and glass can be removed - I guess it could be removed with acetone but then it's not clear whether the oleophobic coating will be compromised. So much guess work for us!
Kay1
Journeyman
Options
Seriously, it does no harm or damage to the original screen and is a doddle to remove.

No need for acetate or any chemicals, just lift it from the edges and it will come away easily.
The major thing on installation is to make sure that all ports and ingress points are sealed, I use sellotape to cover them up. This is to stop the loca from seeping into the device.

I've used this method on a number of devices, which I've subsequently then sent back to Samsung as part exchange on a newer device, never had one rejected so far.
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
Great, thanks for the info. I always have a case on my Note 10+ 5G but there's always that niggling feeling about "what if", especially without a screen protector. I dropped my phone the other day from shoulder height in my kitchen which has stone tiles. Luckily my toes on my left foot got in between my phone and the floor so my toes reduced the impact! It's the same floor that saved the screen when I had the Samsung screen protector on.
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I'm the same. I put the phone in a case the second I take it out of its wrapping (well, not really. I do spend a few minutes looking at the design lol). 

I was happy with fact that the Note 10 came with a screen cover already applied.

But after a month and a bit I had to take it off since it got damaged .. The split here is about 1cm, even if it looks bigger 

20191118_174716.jpg

0 Likes