Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Lite's screen stops working after some time

(Topic created on: 22-11-2022 12:57 PM)
urieljabes
Student
Options

I've had a Galaxy Note 10 Lite for some time now and it started displaying this behaviour where the screen stops working after some time of the phone being on.

There's no apparent connection to how hot the phone is.
I've also re-sat all the straps and cables and cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol.

Sometimes during use, I'll see some quick greenish/purple-ish glitches on the screen. But, apart from that, it'll look amazing the whole time.

Also, sometimes, as I use it, the screen will freeze during whatever is happening on the screen and the image will refresh if I press it down on the 2/4 area from the top down.

Then, if I leave the phone for a few minutes with the screen either on or off, I could come back to it being unresponsive. At first, I thought it was turning off. But if I press the screenshot buttons, it'll vibrate and save the screenshot that I'll be able to see after I soft reset the phone back to life (it'll reboot by itself from time to time, though).

The time it takes for it to "die" varies from seconds to minutes to hours. But it's become unreliable and had to buy a new phone.

I thought about replacing the screen, but it costs as much as a new phone here in Brazil.

What I'm thinking is maybe there's some cable or something I could access on the screen to inhibit this behaviour.

Can anyone help me out with insights?

Cheers,

Uriel

Usado-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-Lite-128gb-Preto-Bom_1662733130_gg.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Still have this problem?

0 Likes
urieljabes
Student
Options

Hey, man! Yes.

No progress here.

I spent days now blindly stopping the morning alarm as the screen wouldn't come on, but the phone wouldn't run out of juice.

0 Likes
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Let's hope android 13 fixes this

0 Likes
Pandonga
First Poster
Options

I have a simillar issue. In my case, my lcd will glitch here and there, but i guess it is only the lcd. Because when i tried to record the screen, no problem seems to appear on the recorded video. My assumption is that when i turn on the forever loop alarm for frequent times, my phone is getting hot. Until somehow maybe broke the lcd because the temperature is too high. Right now, my screen is often off. However, the phone is actually still running just like urieljabes said. 

0 Likes
Pandonga
First Poster
Options

Additionaly, i hate the emergency feature where the screeb will just go dark. At first i thought my problem is caused by this feature. 

0 Likes