Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Note10+ 5G is really bad at finding service

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 02:50 PM)
ArtyB
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've had my Note for about a year and its always been really bad at finding service. When people around me have good Internet (with the same provider) I'm struggling as I have either 1 or 0 bars of service, which I'm confused about. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
florinstann1
Journeyman
Options
Hey there, there could be a lot of factors involved.
The first one that pops to mind is what CSC your phone has? It is very important because every provider has a different setting for that file(CSC) and it affects the signal. For example, if you bought it from Vodafone and used it on EE, it would be best if you flashed the EE file to your phone, through ODIN, as this could help.

In order to see what CSC you have, go to Settings-About phone-Software information and look for Service Provider SW ver.

Mine is BTU/BTU/BTU which is UK unbranded software(not carrier dependant) and it works amazingly with 3UK which is my network.

My wife's signal, on the other hand, is terrible, but her CSC is XEU/XEU/XEU.

Although unbranded, it is Carphonewarehouse unbranded(if I am not wrong).

So you need to find your happy.
0 Likes
ArtyB
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply! Mine also says BTU/BTU/BTU, but I'm with Virgin. Should I flash the virgin file or something on to my phone, and how can I do that?

0 Likes
florinstann1
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

if anything, it should be the EE file you need to flash.

It is worth exploring other options as well first.

Try one of your colleague's sim card and ask them to try yours as well. This might make a difference, and it it does, ask for a replacement.

If you don't have to stick with Virgin, try a 3UK sim card, they do a plan with unlimited everything for £18 per month.

For me it works wonders.

Also, when you see you're having difficulties getting any network at all, just turn the phone's airplane mode on for a few seconds.

0 Likes