Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 10:49 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Proffa
Journeyman
Options

Textra in use also and wouldn't revert from it anymore even if Samsung would fix this, it works so well I don't need more.

Androidking
Explorer
Options

@Proffa- textra is good alternative however still one button only and requires to toggle between SIM1 and SIM2.......

Wish there was an SMS app that has 2 separate buttons SIM1 and SIM2 like the original method in Samsung Messages app where the SMS conversation shows SIM1 or SIM2 for each Sent/Received message

0 Likes
Span91
First Poster
Options

You can actually change the sim while sending the sms by pressing on the 3 dots on top right. Then at the bottom it will have an option to change the allocated sim and will tie the contact with the last sim used. Its not the best option but its a workaround i guess...

Androidking
Explorer
Options

Hi @Span91 - the process you described is NOT a 'workaround' and actually already known.....unfortunately we have no choice but to change the allocated SIM1 or SIM2. so please note that no one here is asking for an alternative or workaround.

We are ALL asking for Samsung to fix this issue so both Samsung Phone app and Samsung Messages app have two separate buttons SIM1 and SIM2 for phone calls and SMS. It does not appear Samsung has any plans to fix this major issue, so it would be helpful to know if there is any other 3rd party app(s) that have two separate buttons SIM1 and SIM2 for phone calls and SMS.

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

Hi @Gorog and All -

WOW! After another software update, Samsung still has not fixed this 2+ year old issue lol....

0 Likes
Laolin
First Poster
Options

Try the Google Messages app. If you long press the send button (SMS 'arrow') after entering some text, you can select the SIM you want to use and then when you press the button to send, the SIM you chose will appear in the message box. Works for me on my Samsung phone (M51). Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

WOW - after 2+ years, this issue is FINALLY FIXED!!!

0 Likes
Members_cxYUp1x
First Poster
Options

Aha, yes thank you for that. I knew there was a workaround but couldn't remember what it was. It works just fine that way. Nice one.

0 Likes
DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

Which fix are you referring to?

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

Hey Guys - @Gorog , @DieLyn , @Laolin , @Members_cxYUp1x , @Span91 and All - this issue is finally solved for all phones!!! :smiling-face:

evidence attached below

IMG-20210914-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20210914-WA0008.jpg