Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 03:44 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@Dzeno - thanks ....

@Gorog and Everyone else here - can you please help validate below:

"The issue has been resolved with an update pushed one hour ago" ....quoting @Elles93 (reference link below)

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/weird-dual-sim-issue/m-p/4077596/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

0 Likes
lacrossett
Explorer
Options

My phone updated this weekend and I see no change whatsoever.

0 Likes
ritaben
Journeyman
Options

I have updated my phone in August with a lot of hope but ZERO fix..

At this moment I have no updates pending. I will keep waiting for one..

0 Likes
Options

@Elles93 - This issue is NOT resolved for anyone and not even for @ElfStone 

Unless you help provided us with  screenshots as evidence, for now unfortunately your post is considered fake news.

0 Likes
Bowdown
First Poster
Options

Hi also have the same issue. The older interface was much better. I have sent text messages using the wrong number so many times, its extremely frustrating. They just need to switch it back to how it was. I've had every Note device since they came out and since the dual sim update I have really started to get frustrated using my Note 20 Ultra. I'm even contemplating moving from my Samsung phone just because of this. 

0 Likes
Options

AMAZING NEWS for ALL OF US !!! (well everyone but @ElfStone ) -- Samsung has finally fixed this issue.

Our friend @AemJay from Sumsung Germany Community has helped "confirmed that the issue is indeed fixed with the recent October 2021 update" !!!!!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/weird-dual-sim-issue/m-p/4165295/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

Can anyone here help validate and confirm if this news is real and after you have deployed October update, please provide screenshots here so we can use as evidence ? we would like to see both Samsung Calls (Phone Dialer) and Samsung Messages (SMS) app finally have returned both dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for Android 11, UI 3.x !!!!

side note: I am in Canada using Dual SIM Note 10+ and as temp solution for the past 9 months have reverted back to Android 10, UI 2.5 so like everyone else around the world have been waiting for Samsung to fix this major security issue and rely on you folks in Europe to validate and confirm if this news is real before I attempt upgrading my software to Android 11, UI 3.x.....fingers crossed....

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

Got latest update, unfortunately issue still persist. Previous functionality wasn't reverted!

0 Likes
Options

@Dzeno- thanks for quick reply and this is very disappointing.....

what country are you located ?  @AemJay shared the good news in Samsung Germany Community so I'm guessing this fix was deployed to Germany....and perhaps other Countries just have no choice but to wait.......

its just sad that the samsung moderators in this Community thread are completely useless, no value and no help whatsoever.....

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

My location is in Slowakia. So not so far from Germany. Not sure whether they are deploying different releases/fixes for each country or group of countries.

0 Likes
Options

AMAZING NEWS for ALL OF US !!! (well everyone but @ElfStone ) -- Samsung has finally fixed this issue.

Our friend @AemJay from Sumsung Germany Community has helped "confirmed that the issue is indeed fixed with the recent October 2021 update" !!!!!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/weird-dual-sim-issue/m-p/4165295/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

Can anyone here help validate and confirm if this news is real and after you have deployed October update, please provide screenshots here so we can use as evidence ? we would like to see both Samsung Calls (Phone Dialer) and Samsung Messages (SMS) app finally have returned both dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for Android 11, UI 3.x !!!!

0 Likes