Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to stop mobile data usage, when WiFi is connected

(Topic created on: 07-12-2019 10:11 AM)
ggabu500
Journeyman
Options

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 512GB 5G; ordered direct from Samsung UK. The handset is connected to my home WiFi and reports a "very strong" signal. However, whenever I download something e.g. a new app, the handset always uses mobile data instead of WiFi.

Yes, I do have "mobile data" switched on in the settings for when I cannot connect to WiFi, however, the handset should be able to prioritise WiFi when connected to WiFi and not needlessly use mobile data, but it seems that this is not happening.

Previously I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and had no trouble with using WiFi.

I only have 500MB of mobile data per month, so controlling mobile data usage is critical for me.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
BindairDundat
First Poster
Options

although I have done this, my phone is STILL using LTE for Android OS and Google Play Store functions...  So this will not work for me.  I have had this setting turned off for a long time, and I have toggled it, but the phone STILL uses LTE, even when I am close to my router.

0 Likes
Galactic7
First Poster
Options
BTW There's an option in the Dev section called "Mobile data always on" which keeps you connected to mobile data when you're on Wi-Fi for fast switching between the two. Thought that might help
0 Likes
JamesKi
First Poster
Options

Just to update this for 2023, the feature is now called "Intelligent Wi-Fi", and can be found in any of the above ways, or through Settings->Connections->Wi-Fi->Three-Dot menu->Intelligent Wi-Fi.  Disable the feature to switch to mobile data whenever the wi-fi connection is poor.

0 Likes