Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi calling on galaxy note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 11:46 AM)
Confusedotcom1
First Poster
Options

Hello! Apologies if I'm posting this incorrectly. 

My galaxy note 10 plus doesn't automatically switch to wi fi calling despite the function being on and connected to suitable wi fi. I have to switch airplaine mode on and off but it still drops during the day without reconnecting. 

When people try to call me, it rings for them but nothing on the phone. 

It's making the phone pretty useless. 

Does anyone have a solution please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I was under the impression Calling Over  Wi-Fi will only kick in if there is absolutely No network signal available @Confusedotcom1 

So if a person is in a poor signal area but is still showing signal in the phones status bar then Calling Over Wi-Fi wouldn't kick in.

If Wifi connection isn't strong then connection can drop too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Confusedotcom1
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the help @BandofBrothers 

How do you recommend I explore this issue further? 

My partner's old galaxy S8 and her brand new S10 always switches to wi fi calling with the same level of network signal.

Surely if people call the phone and the calls don't come through, there isn't sufficient network signal so it should switch to wi fi calling. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware a phone will switch down to 2G to try and improve call stability first and then if network signal isn't available then Calling Over Wi-Fi kicks in if that feature is available to a person @Confusedotcom1 

This is usually driven by your sim card and network so it may also be beneficial to speak with them too.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GeriO
First Poster
Options

Hi. I am having the same problem with my Note 10. I have to force it to look for the wifi signal by putting it in airplane mode. This is very inconvenient and frankly for the price of this phone I should not have to do this. I thought it was just a problem with my phone. After over 2 months with issue Verizon sent me a refurb. Same problem. Have you seen any resolutions? 

0 Likes
Confusedotcom1
First Poster
Options

I think I found a solution. We had issues with our wifi which were picked up on a standard verification on the Sky app. Openreach were called the whatever they fixed, fixed wifi calling too. 

Maybe they're not related but haven't had any issues since. 

0 Likes