Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note20 Ultra 5G - Android 14 - what's going on?

(Topic created on: 29-11-2023 10:03 AM)
Jephy
Explorer
Options
Hi,

I'm a bit disappointed to hear rumours that this phone will not be getting the Android 14/One UI 6 update. I thought we were guaranteed 3 or 4 years of updates now and as of the beta release, the phone wasn't 3 years old since release.

The phone is more than capable, heck the current OS still has a lot of bugs which I was hoping this would resolve. 

The same goes for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE, it has been left out of Android and One UI updates that the Tab S6 Lite got and the tablet is a much more capable device and only released not many months prior.

I have owned every new Galaxy device since the Galaxy S2, 3 tablets starting with the Tab S4 and 2 smartwatches and I'm starting to get fed up of how we are treated as consumers and the effect all this e-waste could potentially have. You don't even allow users to root like some other manufacturers so you could continue to keep the OS up to date.

This needs to change honestly, living within Europe (I'm in the UK), I'm hoping they force manufacturers to do this sooner rather than later.

An official response from Samsung would be appreciated 
27 REPLIES 27
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Surprising really as well given that Samsung are the manufacturers for Google Pixel 😜😜😜
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree with you wholeheartedly here but with an added twist.....

The environment.
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Ken735
Student
Options

Maybe we should get custom rom anyway it's out warranty, also has green line screen issue  🤑

0 Likes
Jephy
Explorer
Options
My screen is perfectly fine.
0 Likes
Mrshayne
Apprentice
Options
Samsung is going down in public estimations now and this is main reason....5 years should be minimum...especially as environmental issues and cost benefits to cash poor customers too.....I got a note 20 ultra....and it has better specs still than s23 ultra....I won't be buying Samsung again until updates are extended
WimbledonUltra
First Poster
Options

My Note 20 Ultra is the last Samsung I'll own. I'll switch to Google when I replace it since they update until the phone will not take the update; even Apple do that! Samsung take note!

jack24bauer
First Poster
Options

I purchased a brand new one recently on ebay as it was one of the few phones to meet all my needs including expandable/removable memory.  I was hoping it would get one more major update but thankful for the security patches.  The phone honestly still is a beast and works flawlessly on T-Mobile 5g I really wish a 1600 dollar phone would get at least 5 years of updates like apple does though, sad. 

Bitobelez2024
First Poster
Options

That's a shame. Note 20 ultra had plenty of ram and storage to handle os 14...in my opinion Samsung is limiting its update to it to push you to get another. I switched from iphone to Samsung. My old iPhone is 5 going on 6 and is still getting iOS 18. I do enjoy my note 20 ultra immensely but I'll have to go back to iOS because of iPhones updates. I feel like my phone isn't worth trusting with important information if it's out dated. 

0 Likes