Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20U April monthly update

(Topic created on: 12-04-2024 11:35 AM)
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My Note 20U got a monthly update again, which is very nice. The washed out colours on the display have been fixed. However, the max 50x zoom is still broken, I think it's even worse now. Please fix the zoom Samsung, there is no point to break it. 😭😭😭Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
J297EC
Pioneer
Options
How is the zoom broken?
0 Likes
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The noise is so much that it's beyond comprehending what I have take a picture of.
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
I'm on s20 fe 5g, afraid to update the phone 😂 😂 😂 should I?
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Most updates are good, phone works mint, only the zoom is not the same. Zoom is broken on the S20U as well, it's more blurry now, I think Samsung is having a hard time with Zoom software since they are playing with AI. It's up to you really. I never had big problems after updates on my Samsung phones, if I did, resetting my phone solved that problem. Other users I see have bigger problems. If you know your phone go for the update if you think you will benefit from it. Thing is they are also security updates and they will be given until the end of the year than stop.
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
It has to be something with the software, 1x looks blurrier on mine opposed to pro mode. I mean it might be fine to leave it for the old school feel.
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's got something to do with the software for sure. I think the old one is better as it does less processing compared to the new one after updates. I was happy with old camera software on the S20U and Note20U. On my phone the pictures came out a bit washed out, tbh I don't know if I used warm filter or not. Also I loved it how it framed the picture, especially in 0.5x. I haven't used much Pro or Raw, I was happy with the 12mp camera . New software is good but something is subtly changed but I can't quite point it out. If you chose not to upgrade the software you really don't use that much. I am still loving the phone. Note20U it's just great to keep in the hand and to look at the screen. It feels so posh. Samsung should learn from it when they design their phones. S24U looks like a brick when compared to the beautiful Note20U.
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Seems the screen got brighter under sunlight
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes that's true
0 Likes