Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Proffa
Journeyman
Options

I just changed my SMS default to Signal, it lets you choose what SIM to use but the problem is of course still relevant. I posted instructions on how to report this as a bug to this thread on wednesday, got info from Samsung support chat. Best way to get some leverage would most likely be that as many as possible makes a report that way.

0 Likes
markrive
Student
Options
I've just had to update my A71. if I'd known before the changes this update has done, I would of disregarded the update. Removing sim selection from both the call and message areas is a huge mistake Samsung. please change back in the next update.
0 Likes
Options

@markrive - sorry to hear....we are all impacted...look for my earlier reply for temp solution on how to get back Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for calls and messages!!!

0 Likes
Arca
First Poster
Options

I am also a heavy user of dual SIM. It is essential in my Work situation. Why would you remove this? It is unworkable now. You need to fix this. 

wcbuerste
Journeyman
Options

Is Samsung reading this at all? Some of the support team apparently never heard of this messed up situation. Actually I'm not able to do any call when using Android Auto because it is waiting for the SIM selection in the background. Bevor the UI 3 update it was at least using the default SIM. 

Options

@wcbuerste - No response from Samsung Moderator....this is so sad...this is a major issue for Privacy, Security, Safety, User Experience!!! Where is Samsung? When will this issue be fixed?

Lizzymac
Student
Options

100% the new update sucks. I have one sim as my personal number and the other is work (like the majority of dual sim users).

Since the new update the message app seems to randomly decide which sim to use, so a number of work clients now have my personal number and vice versa for friends. And, if you manage to realise it's using the wrong sim before you send the message - the message is completely deleted upon changing sims!

Having "always ask" on in the background means the phone will not function with Android Auto, however the other option is to go through the time consuming process of setting a default call sim for each contact.

Following from this, why have they made it so that you can set a default for calls and not texts?! At least this may resolve the issue of messaging from the wrong number.

The whole new UI is clumsy and having to go into settings to choose between sims is not practical for everyday dual sim users.

Ive sent some feedback through the memberships app so hopefully that helps.

Samsung please take note as I have been a long time Samsung dual sim user and up until the UI3 update have always loved the experience (even recommending it to colleagues who now have the same issues as above!!). Please make an update with some improvements to correct the privacy, security and safety issues mentioned above - these are not small bugs.

Options

@Lizzymac - I agree with you 100% and I think all Dual SIM users agree with you as well. I have echo'd all the points you mentioned in many of my previous replies on this thread as well as other threads tracking same issue....and we will continue to echo this Globally until Samsung fixes this issue.

I have way TOO MANY WORK and PERSONAL contacts and no time to manually set the default SIM for each contact! 

I have always loved the Samsung Dual SIM user experience until UI 3.0. Since I have a Dual SIM Note 10+, fortunately as a temp solution, I have used ODIN to flash Authentic Samsung software to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 to get my Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for calls and messages. For now this is the temp solution, meanwhile I have PAUSED the SAMSUNG UPDATE and refuse to go back to horrible nightmare experience of UI 3.0.  (See attached screenshot below)

For the past two months, EVERY DAY I have been checking several Samsung Communities for someone to eventually post the good news and evidence that the issue has been resolved. Running out of patience and if Samsung does not fix, my next Dual SIM device will be either Google Pixle, Huawei or hate to say iphone!

Screenshot_20210324-214406_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

We asked the developers about this one – and passed on your reasons for wanting the Dual-SIM user interface concept how it was before. (I thought those reasons were pretty good, BTW.)

They’ve replied that they changed it to the current concept in response to user demand, but that they’re continuing to monitor that situation. So, whilst I can’t promise anything, I’d encourage anyone out there who prefers the previous concept to say so in the usual places, and post and add their likes to this thread. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I've also pinned this thread for you guys to help with that. 

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

@AntS Hi, thank you for the info. What do you mean with "to say so in the usual places"? Which places do you exactly mean?

Hopefully the developers will revert it back as it was before, because this is really getting annoying!

Some of us has already reported it over the Samsung Member App and are still waiting when Samsung wakes up.

Due to this update I was forced to move my business SIM to my old mobile,because actually the dual SIM function is destroyed and under this condition also useless.

Since the update I'm trying to understand why they have changed something what was previously working seamlessly and was also the main reason why I bought Samsung Dual SIM mobile.

Hopefully they will revert the previous functionality back ASAP.