Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Members_7RZFVdk
Apprentice
Options

Same for my A51. It really is a totally backward step by Samsung and they need to rectify this immediately. Seriously not impressed

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Dzeno, No worries. 🙂

All available Samsung customer contact channels get monitored for user feedback, so I didn't want to limit anyone to anything. 😉 I'd say that Community is probably a more convenient way for you guys to give that feedback on this one though; and will give you more joy for sharing with other users, putting forward solid and compelling use-case scenarios (as you guys who've already posted in the thread have), and amplifying the message.

Members_7RZFVdk
Apprentice
Options

No!!!! The option of using either Sim for calls or texts with the previously installed buttons has gone with this backward update. Samsung need to address this urgently. Not impressed at all!! Samsung A51 user.

0 Likes
Options

@AntS - greetings and FINALLY a response from a Samsung Moderator!!! The response from Developers you shared is likely catering single SIM device users and not DUAL SIM device users!!! 

We need your help to escalate this to Executive Management! This must be immediately on their radar if it is not already as this major issue is resulting PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST and USER EXPERIENCE issues!!! Potential massive lawsuits for Samsung. 

Please help us get this fixed! One post is more than enough! Put out the fire as soon as you see it! Waiting for otbers to post and scale this issue into a forest fire is not smart...not everyone is loyal and will just not have the patience, drop Samsung and switch to another Platform....

0 Likes
Vista-OSF
Student
Options
*****, phone just auto updated and my dual SIM selection functionality disappeared. Google search revealed this thread.

What kind of stupid idea was this?? Dual SIM functionality now needs me to use Ask which SIM every call? Totally screws up hands free functionality in the car and makes it thoroughly laborious and needs you to switch preferred SIMs for each call or message?

What a screw up, when is this going to be put right?
Vista-OSF
Student
Options
This is unworkable. How do I revert my handset back to how it was before please? Or are Samsung going to accept it worked perfectly fine as it was before and fix it themselves with another update?
0 Likes
lacrossett
Explorer
Options

I find this very difficult to believe (that this was demanded by users). It would be helpful to understand what problem they thought they were solving so perhaps we can help guide them to a more fulsome solution (ie solve the problem others had without rendering the functionality useless). No way did users request to have their phone not work in a car and to lose SIM choice on sending messages.

Options

@Vista-OSF - Im probably the most active person on this thread....the most active should actually be the Moderator @AntS   who finally responded recently but just one reply with unhelpful feedback wasting our time. We have requested him to help escalate this major issue to Samsung Executive Management.....thats what I would have done if I was a Samsung Moderator....and to be honest issue would have been resolved weeks ago!!!!

The ask from ALL of the Samsung Dual SIM device users is very simple, valid and we have provided solid justification! Samsung should quickly make a fast decisionto fix this issue since it is GLOBALLY causing PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST anf USER EXPERIENCE issues ...potentially lawsuits!!!

Meanwhile, if you have a Dual SIM Note10+ then you should look at one of earlier replies on how to get both Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for Calls and Messages!!!

alxvalen
Apprentice
Options

Wow, see this has turned out ugly... I posted quite some time ago with confidence that this bug would be noticed and fixed asap and man was I wrong!

Unfortunately, due to busy work, I haven’t got time to follow up everything in here, but I have used the mentioned “usual places” to provide feedback as many others (like members app and even feedback button in phone settings etc) but their service is just a joke. No response, not even a “thank you for submitting” And for this community thingy we’re posting in now… is it at all related with Samsung?! I have my doubts…

I mean, if I was head of developers and got noted about this I would definitely checked it out and most likely clearly see how clumsy this “new feature” is. Again, stumbling on improvements are perfectly allowed in this business as long as its promptly fixed, but ignoring it or not want to listen is just embarrassing.

I know, we are all off track on the actual topic for this thread, but with no feedback from Samsung in any channels, what else to do? At least we are all able to share our frustration and perhaps, someday far into the future, Samsung will find this thread… maybe-a-bit-interesting, who knows!?

And to stay on topic a bit… ye, I’m gonna revert the update as mentioned by others and perhaps just switch to some other brand if also that fails eventually. This bug has cost me too much pain mixing my perfectly separated work and private life!

Options

@alxvalen - apparently all Samsung Community MODERATORS are Samsung employees. But no real help or action to date!!!

@AntS - so the $1M question is, what is Samsung doing to RAPIDLY help resolve this issue? Can you please escalate this major issue to Senior Ranking Samsung Executives? THIS IS CRITICAL for SEVERAL IMPORTANT & SOLID JUSTIFICATION:

PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST, USER EXPERIENCE...and many more reasons!

0 Likes