Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable WIFI 6 from Samsung note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 28-06-2024 09:26 PM)
Sulsa
First Poster
Options

We used to have very slow internet in the past at 36MB download and 4MB upload and finally recently a provider installed fiber in our area. Now we have 1GB download and upload. 

The issue is that my wife's Samsung note 10 plus isn't working now. It automatically connects to WIFI 6 and the connecting is constantly dropping. She can't see videos on facebook, read comments etc. I swapped to an Iphone so I am not experiencing any issues. Any other devices are fine including older Samsung phones that do not have WIFI 6.

The only issue in the house is the Samsung Note 10 and clearly WIFI 6 is not well optimizes on Samsung.
Can we disable this setting?

I don't want to mess with my router and potentially reduce speeds to accommodate 1 device. I work in the film industry and fast upload and download for large files is important. I had a look online and it seems most of Samsung phones have issues with WIFI 6. What is the solution?

Many thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Galaxy Note 10 does not support WiFi 6, it wasn't even standardised when the phone released, much less offer support for it. You should be connecting via the normal 5GGz bands which you router should still offer.
0 Likes
Sulsa
First Poster
Options

On the Wifi icon it show a 6. As far as I knew a 6 on Wifi it means it is connected to wifi 6.

My laptop pc displays a 6 as well.

0 Likes