Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick photo from my old A70

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 10:43 PM)
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I use to do photography with a range of camera, from being a kid to a grown up I have enjoyed 35mm film cameras, slr , medium format and then digital dslr and compact.

Even having race teams ask for my photos and doing studio shoots.

But after a long time away and then moving to mobile photography, I have lost the confidence to take photos in public.

I did like this Kitty Cafe along with the road sign Spaniel Row....kind of like a cats n dogs theme.

20200525_123738.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hope that you regain your confidence, @GingerSteve❤️

Oddly (or perhaps not), taking photos on my mobile instead of a dedicated camera has improved my own confidence. I feel less burdened by thoughts about the equipment and set-up, and just take shots instead... mostly just randomly lol.

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I think it was the planning of which camera body , if I was going to use film or digital, which lenses , etc that chilled me out.

I got bought a bag that was big enough for almost everything but it took the pre planning out of the equation...My head is only happy when I am running through things.

I have started to make my mobile more involving, adding apps for raw capture, adding adobe lightroom and snapseed for editing...setting up an sd with individual folders for photo genres, locations, subjects, events, etc

I have also added a bright hard case, not for protection but so people can easily see I am not hiding my photo taking.....with a dslr it was pretty hard to hide, so it made it easier in my head that people knew I was taking pics 🙂 weird but I am kind of silly, my head needs routine even for small things these days.

But yes I am slowly moving my phone from just being a phone ( which was always my default for any phone even iphone and galaxy s and note series)

I am now making it a tool that I can enjoy, whether that be taking photos, doing spreadsheets on the go ( which is one of my loves now days)  translation with google and deepl to communicate with friends I've made over the lockdowns, etc

Almost don't have any use for my home build pc stuff anymore 🙂 apart from long term media storage.

Hopefully I can shift back in to being confident in the new year and being able to fire off photos with confidence  without too much worry.

jurrasicboy1234
Student
Options
That's sick