Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astro phtography with the s24u

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
mb114
Journeyman
Options

This was taken the other day using expert raw and over 4 minutes. It's crazy the think a phone can capture the milky way. Expecially when I have no experience in this field l.
13 REPLIES 13
VikzL
Explorer
Options
Wow, how did you take this? Settings?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's an amazing smartphone.
Just incredible how it's so good now to capture images like this and more.
Mine works great with my telescope as well.
But the astro mode definitely is an impressive feature.
You must still have had a nice dark sky with little light pollution
mb114
Journeyman
Options
I live in the middle of nowhere, so the only challenge I have is the UK weather. I have been looking into getting a telescope with the ability to use a phone. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for new users?
0 Likes
mb114
Journeyman
Options
A lot of the time, you can leave everything on auto, but this one was taken with changing the ISO to the highest setting and playing around with the other settings. It would be worth watching a YouTube video if you're new, as many explain the different settings for this type of night photography.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To be honest, research is key with buying telescope equipment and budget.
It can be massively expensive.
Or like my setup, you can go a more affordable route.
Depends on if you want a goto telescope set up. Or like mine, manually do it.
My setup in the link below
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-astrophotography-part-1/td-p/5199371...

The website below has really good information on equipment
https://meteorwatch.org/equipment/

Also finding your local astronomy centre or club will be a gold mine of information

For me I wanted a goto telescope, but I'd have to compromise on size and type of scope to get.
So I got the largest I could afford at the time and the bonus is you get to learn your way around the night sky with manual setup. Though it does take more work.

Also remember if you want to do long exposure photography, my setup won't be any good for that
0 Likes
mb114
Journeyman
Options
Thanks I'll look into diffrent modle in my price range. Are there any that offer manual and automatic locating. The price won't matter
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That I'm not sure about.
As far as I know you can still manually control goto telescopes
But like I say. Research is your friend here.
Maybe call and chat with an astronomy centre to get more information
Paying top money doesn't always mean the best telescope
What ever you go for. A telescope is only as good as the lens you are using, so it's worth spending that bit more on those
0 Likes
mb114
Journeyman
Options
Ok thanks ill look into contacting some people and doing a bit of research on it. Thanks again
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Haven't tried this on the 24 ultra yet, I hope to get it like your standard, great image.
0 Likes