Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mobile data while connected to Wifi

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 10:10 PM)
mrspg01
First Poster
Options
Any help folks, I have a dashcam which connects to my A34 via WiFi without Internet connectivity. To update the dashcam I need to keep it connected to my phone while using my mobile data is it possible to use mobile data while connected to a WiFi device with no Internet connectivity?

Any help appreciated 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Struggling to understand your question to be honest.

If you need the dashcam to connect to the internet via your device to update, then yes this should be straightforward enough.

I don't understand the "no internet connectivity" bit of your question.....
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Your question is difficult to understand, you can use your phone as a wifi hot-spot to connect your dashcam too. Your phone will use your mobile data but the dashcam will think it's connected to WiFi and download your updates. Let me know if this helps.
0 Likes
mrspg01
First Poster
Options
Sorry the dashcam has wifi but with no Internet access
0 Likes
mrspg01
First Poster
Options
Sorry the dashcam has wifi but with no Internet access, if I turn on my hotspot then phone turns off the WiFi so that 1 won't work for me
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the dashcam has WiFi, then why can't it simply connect online via WiFi?

Your question is really confusing.
0 Likes
mrspg01
First Poster
Options
Some devices connect via WiFi to your phone tab etc but they do not have the ability to access the Internet
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why can't you connect your dashcam to the hotspot?
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It sounds like your dashcam may not be updatable if it won't connect to your device via hotspot.

If I'm wrong then I don't see why your dashcam won't allow you in settings to connect to the hotspot.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What dashcam do you have please?
0 Likes