Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to new phone

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
oldduck
Apprentice
Options
Hi all. I've just transferred all my info from old phone to new Samsung. Everything except email has gone over. I do have an old ntlworld.com address but everything worked just fine until transfer. Help! I can't find my emails
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
That's a very old email address, are you with Virgin Media by chance as that was there old email address before it went over to Virgin Media.Com mine was using that address, it's been changed 3 times since then.
0 Likes
oldduck
Apprentice
Options
I've had that address for many years, about 30! I just kept the address whenever we changed provider. I've just transferred my mobile and now it's asking for a password. I've got no idea what the password is and there's no option to change it. So many friends and family use that email adds so I'd hate to change it
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.

Heck your browser for any stored passwords.

Also if you had a backup email you could try resetting your password.

And if you ever used it on a PC you might still be able to access it there.
0 Likes
oldduck
Apprentice
Options
I can access my emails on both my tablet and PC, just not my phone. I can't do anything from them either to change password. I'm stumped
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Ntl blimey, I had to get rid of it due to them now being part of Virgin. I had nothing but trouble trying to get rid of ntl on my system but been with Virginia 25 years about now, ntl doesn't operate anymore.
0 Likes
oldduck
Apprentice
Options
What I don't understand though is why I can still access ntlworld on my tablet.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@oldduck: It should be possible for you to change or reset your email account password by visiting your providers webpage via a browser app and looking for 'Forgot my password', usually located below the sign in window. 

When adding the account to your new phone, I recommend using Gmail > Tap your profile in the top right > Add new account, as this supports a host of third party providers. 

0 Likes