Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software upgrade messed up my A30 phone.

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 09:59 PM)
T9257
First Poster
Options

Ever since I did the latest upgrade I have noticed all kind of issues. I bought this phone in October of 2019 it worked perfect. Long battery life, very responsive touch screen, no problems with phone calls. Now after the latest update (April 2020) battery life has dropped to almost half, screen has become less responsive and quite often locks up not letting me do anything at the other extreme it flickers and starts launching programs I didn't touch. Calls drop suddenly also. I don't have many apps at all basically use facebook and text. Only game I play is solitaire. This new update has caused all this as far as I can tell because nothing has changed as far as location I'm in or apps I've installed. Any suggestions or how do I go back to previous version?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @T9257 

My advice is to....

First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when they re open after the COVID-19 pandemic ends.

4. Contact your countries Samsung Support Department.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes