Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow A53 5g? Try this....

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 10:36 AM)
Markonius
Journeyman
Options
If like me you've been frustrated by the lacklustre performance of your A53 5g, I might have a "fix" of sorts.... Try turning off "motion smoothness" (in the "settings" menu just search for "smoothness" if you can't find the setting by navigation). This will drop the screen refresh rate to 60Hz from the phone's advertised 120Hz, and you do therefore obviously lose some of the "smoothness" in the screen transitions; however - certainly in my case, the gains definitely outweigh the losses. I've had my A53 5g for 8 months now and switched between having the motion smoothness on and off a number of times - turning it off really does make a difference
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A good tip there @Markonius  👌 

I know some like me however prefer not to turn off features that have the potential to improve the user experience.

I find the Twitter App stutters when scrolling on the higher refresh rate setting however does not when on the lower setting 🤔

I prefer the scrolling juttering rather than turning the refresh rate down though.

It's a personal choice and I'm sure there's owners out there that will greatly appreciate your help 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Markonius
Journeyman
Options
I've been combing my phone's settings to look for other possible culprits for the A53's laggy performance and have now focused on the RAM Plus setting. I've turned this off and turned the motion smoothness back on... So far, the performance has also improved.

Following on from that, I did a web search for instances where RAM Plus has been found to be slowing down phones. I found this:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/RAM-Plus-slows-down-the-S22-How-to-disable/td-p/24293...!

It relates to the S22, but still, further proof that RAM Plus could be hampering more than helping. If it can affect the vastly superior S22, it's not a big leap to assume it could also affect an A53
0 Likes
Markonius
Journeyman
Options
....and even more evidence (this time, even the Samsung M53 is mentioned):
https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-ram-plus-phone-how-to-disable/
0 Likes