Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow A3 (2017) and internal memory issue . . . . . . . . . .

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 12:19 AM)
TheSalad
First Poster
Options

Hi folks, my Galaxy A3 (2017) runs very slowly eg. Facebook comments take ages to load.  Also, and possibly connected, I'm nearly up to the limit on internal memory but it isn't obvious what is taking so much space, see the attached photo.

I'd be really grateful for some advice please.

Phone 1.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @TheSalad 

Do you have any tyoe of advanced toggle to tap on to get a more detailed breakdown on your phones storage.

i.e Advanced toggle at bottom.Advanced toggle at bottom.

More detailed information in advanced.More detailed information in advanced.

May I suggest the following course of action. 

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ChloeR1
First Poster
Options

@TheSalad wrote:

Hi folks, my Galaxy A3 (2017) runs very slowly eg. Facebook comments take ages to load.  Also, and possibly connected, I'm nearly up to the limit on internal memory but it isn't obvious what is taking so much space, see the attached photo.

I'd be really grateful for some advice please.

Phone 1.jpg

I have exactly the same problem as this - I have barely any photos etc on the internal memory but the phone thinks it is full - I have had to move apps that I can onto SD card but no matter how much I move/delete my phone constantly says it is dangerously low on space.

LowTech
Apprentice
Options

A3 2017 same problem no space for useful apps. Cant remove some useless apps. Cant move most apps to SD card. Cant move WhatsApp or change media storage location. CAN change camera storage location to SDcard. CAN only move a couple of useful apps to sd card. CANT extend internal memory. Can periodically MOVE whatsapp media folder to sd card for backup  (use 'overwrite')  and whatsapp wil recreate its media folder only in main memory . I only keep my bare essential useful apps on this phone, no store apps etc at all. Handy sized phone but Samsung messed up memory making it useless for modern use and increasing the size and uselessness of App updates without 'move to SD' facility. I cant actually install any Samsung updates any more bc too big, and have removed even useful Apps to free up space for system and non movable useless apps. No ebay, no Twitter, no use... please Samsung let us delete or move what we dont need on main memory. Big fail on A3.

0 Likes
Jeeha
First Poster
Options
Same still struggling in 2022
0 Likes