Did you mean: 

Sim and SD card errors

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 01:08 PM)
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

Anybody else having sim card or SD card error 

Mine reports sim card or SD not inserted  about one a week only for a min then its OK

The one is only a month old has been back to samsung come back has done it today

Repair service is a joke nothing to say what they did ?but at the moment

its a nightmare getting any sense out of samsung 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

hi,

i once had this issue on one of my previous devices.

I would suggest you to go into recovery mode and from there select and launch the wipe cache partition option. BE CARFUL NOT TO ACCIDENTALY HARD RESET YOUR PHONE SINCE IT IS THE OPTION RIGHT BEFORE IT!

Let me know if it works, otherwise a hard reset may be needed before starting to think about a possible hardware failure.

0 Likes
SamK00
First Poster
Options

yes im having same problem. have tried factory resetting my phone and same problem is occuring

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If you have always encountered this problem it is hardware 100 sure.

Samsung assistance must replace you logic board

0 Likes
SamK00
First Poster
Options

Havnt always encountered it, it started occuring after about a month of having my phone

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

and it is not software updated related?

If not you said you already hard resetted your phone, it could only be hardware. Assistance guys must give you a warranty replacement.

0 Likes
SamK00
First Poster
Options

well yes it did seem to happen after i updated it. however as you said, yes i have facoty reset my phone. Do you think i would have to pay for the repair?? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@SamK00 wrote:

well yes it did seem to happen after i updated it. however as you said, yes i have facoty reset my phone. Do you think i would have to pay for the repair?? 

well wait a min. If it happened after an update and others have the same problems after the update it could be software.

And no if you are still underwarranty and did not caused the damage you must not pay it, keep an eye out because repair services always try to have you pay for the repair.

0 Likes
SamK00
First Poster
Options

well yes exactly. i thought a factory reset would have sorted it out. evidently not . will have to see about getting it repaired

0 Likes
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Good luck with that !!

I have spent hours with emails and phone calls with samsung Its now off back for repair again

My main compliant and people need to be aware of i bought this phone from the Samsung shop  but shop is now closed due to COV-19   And no support. Samsung  will not replace the phone as Samsung and samsung shops are different  and only the shop can replace the Phone 

0 Likes