Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card "cannot write to card"

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 12:33 PM)
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Hello everyone! 👋

Right so my Son' A71 SD card, when in the phone says cannot write to card, format/unmount. He's put it in his laptop & the files are all there & are fine, it's not full either. 🤷‍♀️

I remember having the same issue for months with my Note8 a few years back. Even changed SD cards which got the same result.

Atm all I can think of is empty the contents off onto the laptop, format the card in the laptop & putting it back into the phone so it triggers the format for phone option to see if that fixes it, which it didn't for my Note, it only sorted out after an update from Samsung, but it's worth a try right?

Anyone else got any pointers?

TiA from GothicGeisha. 😁🤞

5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can remove the write protection using a PC. Google it
0 Likes
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
I am currently having this issue from the Jan update. Tried to remove the read only detail on pc and tried formatting but it won't let me do anything. Samsung won't acknowledge the updates cause this. Similar issue happened to other last year too
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Well they need to start admitting their faults because I have historic issues with this now, the issue on my Note8 from an update caused me to loose photos of my Nan who had passed away a mth earlier.

If you search my username it should also bring up issues I had with an update effectively bricking my Tab S4 & a camera update has made it completely useless for what I bought it for.
All it usually takes is a patch update to fix them, but first they need to listen
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
This is the response I got. The SD card works perfectly fine it is just locked in read only because of the update. Only the phone can undo it but the update has prevented me from using that function 🙄
I dont see what physical issue can occur for an sd card only 2 years old and never left the phone or had issues prior to this1644841900840.jpg
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Yer they'll just pass u in circles.
That tablet update I did & it temporarily bricked my tablet into a bootloop issue. It was ridiculous. I even rang them about that. £700 tablet & they nearly break it coz of a system update.