Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card deleted itself

(Topic created on: 20-09-2020 10:23 AM)
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I was in the process of moving photo's from my Tab A (2016) storage to my SD card, when I suddenly got a message saying the SD card deleted itself. (I see my screen picture has also changed by itself). The option to remount the SD card is greyed out. All my important self tapes are gone as well as images in the gallery, can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
have you tried putting your micro SD card into a laptop or PC to see if anything shows up at all? avoid formatting the memory card.
0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

I dont know where to put it into my dell laptop?

0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

and I do not have any way of testing it in another device. My Samsung doesn't even pick up that it is there. 

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
there should be a slot around the laptop... your micro SD card goes into an adaptor like in the picture... these are sometimes packaged together when you buy a SD card.
0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

I managed to find it says it is working properly but I can't see a way to check what's on it. Thanks so much Mitzzz999 I so appreciate your help...I'm older so this is quite foreign, still trying to get the contents

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
worse case scenario... I'm not sure if they do it anymore but a friend of mine had a similar issue once and Currys had a tech team that were able to retrieve the media files back but it was pricey. you can see what they say. hope it all gets sorted for you Kathleen.
0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

in 'events" it said this - Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129\20100201396000000 requires further installation. The manafacturer  of the SD card shows unknown under general

0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

Yet it states that This device is working properly.

0 Likes
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

hey thanks again for trying to help, at the moment here in South Africa you can't trust anyone selling SD cards, next time I will go straight to a reputable samsung distributor and maybe i will never know why this happenend