Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health

(Topic created on: 23-11-2019 03:32 PM)
Debbiemags
First Poster
Options

I've recently upgraded to Samsung A40 I like to use the Samsung Health app but it's not recording my steps especially when I'm just walking round the house just doing jobs  it does record when I run through

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem 

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Debbiemags

Are you still having issues with this? Do you have the phone connected to a watch or just using the phone? Do you keep the phone with you when you are walking?
0 Likes
Debbiemags
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Yes still having trouble only seems to record steps when I run 

I have it linked to Strava  but I also use Runtopia running app the phone is always in my pocket 

0 Likes
elzkonax
Journeyman
Options

Do cross check if by any chances you disabled the firmware updates, which may cause the app to misbehave

0 Likes
Debbiemags
First Poster
Options

Thanks but how do I do that 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
You can check through Galaxy Store > 3 Dots on top right > My page > Updates > Check if Samsung Health app needs an update.

Also, make sure that the phone's software is also up to date: Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.

Let us know how you get on. @Debbiemags
0 Likes
Debbiemags
First Poster
Options

I've tried everything that's been suggested and it's still only records my steps when I run   very annoying  don't know what else to do 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for confirming. There are a number of factors that may be impacting how steps are calculated including:

- Movement of a vehicle, your hand, or your movement while on a sofa or in bed
- Where the device is located (pocket or bag)

For example, steps are only counted when there is hand movement. So, if you push a lawnmower or do an exercise with no hand movement, steps may not be recorded. Can you make sure that the phone is on and there is arm/hand movement?
0 Likes