Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health distances all wrong

(Topic created on: 29-08-2019 05:25 PM)
sorethumbs
Student
Options

On my old Samsung S8 health app worked fine and accurately but on my A70 its displaying distances all wrong.

I've walked home today a distance of 1.4 miles and the health app is showing my steps as 2600ish which should roughly work out correctly based on about 1000 steps per half mile yet distance recorded is only 0.63 miles - less than half what it should be.

I've uninstalled and installed latest version, cleared my data and set it up from scratch again, location services are on and its still recording distance covered way too low.  If I set the 'Exercise' recording on where it tracks you on a map and finish my route it shows the correct distance covered but the steps menu still only shows 0.63.

No idea whats going on with it, does it think i'm 3ft tall and take tiny steps?

29 REPLIES 29
Lecornu
Apprentice
Options

It is very annoying I have deleted the app now and downloading different one.  Great shame as I much prefered the Samsung app or well I did when it worked.   

0 Likes
Lecornu
Apprentice
Options

Which app did you go with ?

0 Likes
Siya
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Health is calculating the kilometres I have run wrong, It says I have runned 3.3km but the route I ran is 12km, can you please help as this is frustrating

0 Likes
Todi90
Journeyman
Options

Went with Google Fit. Step count is comparablw with Samsung Health, but it gets the distance right (cross-checked with running apps). It's pretty rudimentary, so I'lll eventually transition to a wearable's designated app -probably a fitbit. Was considering some of samsung's wearables, particularly the Galaxy Active Watch 2, but can't risk not having app integration across all/any devices. Distance errors would render the device completely useless, especially when their watches don't seem to have other native running apps...

0 Likes
JLEVIN
First Poster
Options

Opposite problem with S10 correct steps but it doubles the distance. So 1km is shown at 2km

0 Likes
sorethumbs
Student
Options

Just thought I'd update on this as just gone to install Google fit as an alternative.  I don't like it as much but out of interest I opened the Samsung app and looked at recent activity. I've not even opened the app for months and surprisingly the distances recorded recently looked to be correct! I scrolled back the timeline and they seem to have started logging the correct distances (against steps) from the 21st October. 

Whether some update was installed I don't know but it's looking better. I'll test it tomorrow on way to work but anyone reading this may want to check theirs.

0 Likes
Amir10
First Poster
Options

I have walked 7000 steps but km is showing only 2.2 km in my phone was perfect walking strps and km 

0 Likes
olegyan392
First Poster
Options

Same thing with A80. Just walked about 25000 steps, which with my typical step length equals about 17-18 km. My friends' phone who walked with me showed similar distance. But my A80 says it was only 8,4 km. Which is ridiculous, because it was my longest walk for quite a long time, and 8 km is my tipical daily distance between home, university and work.

0 Likes
rjmorgan2
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my S10. It worked correctly for about 6 weeks after I first purchsed the phone, but for the last 2 weeks it has been listing the distance of my 5-6 mile run as 7-8 miles. Steps are still correct, but the map showing my route is not accurate. Is there any fix for this?  

0 Likes
RamunasSun
First Poster
Options

There is something wrong with Samsung Health GPS tracking. I just valked for 5.8 km and app shows 3.7 km. Here I ad picture from google earth. Red line is the rout that I walked and blue line is samsung Health tracking, only 14 GPS points taken. at the bottom of the picture is altitude. Galaxy S6 .

pasivaiksciojimas2.jpg

0 Likes