Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery not connecting with OneDrive / Microsoft

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 11:35 PM)
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

I spent more than 2h this evening...all I wanted to do was to back-up my gallery to my OneDrive. Followed all the normal steps, the screen is just stuck at "Connecting accounts..." (in the gallery app). And nothing happens.

And yes, I think i tried everything possible (that's why i spent 2h). Cleared cache off the apps, logged out, re-logged in, unlinked services, installed 2FA and Authenticator App from Microsoft, disabled 2FA, restarted the phone after every attept... what else should I mention.

It's just frustrating that I still cannot connect the Samsung with Microsoft account in order to back up my photos in OneDrive. Probably I will just stick to the ol' good Google Photos instead of this shitty service...

33 REPLIES 33
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

Of course OneDrive is added there. If I go to Samsung account it even says they are linked... However my gallery is stuck in the "connecting accounts..." Mode. So it's not working..

0 Likes
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

Thanks! This is the only decent answer that I can get at this moment. But it's actually a workaround. I had this option before, but my wish was to have the gallery synced to OneDrive and not to use the OneDrive can camera upload anymore.

I'm talking about this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...

Which in my case is not working and seems I cannot fix it at this moment.

0 Likes
EMDPhD
First Poster
Options

Same problem, identical. Stuck at "connecting accounts" forever. A workaround should not be necessary. Any idea of a fix?

GalaxyNyx
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem. I hope they fix it if its a bug. I wouldn't want any workaround towards backing up my gallery other than linking it to OneDrive directly.

IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem on S22 Ultra (Exynos).
But for me One Drive works well and even uploads the pics but just not through Samsung Gallery. Gallery is stuck at "Connecting accounts..." screen.

KayCeeLulu
Student
Options

I am having the same problem with my Z Flip 3 Gallery. It's stuck in 'connecting accounts' forever, when I go to check my Samsung account, under linked accounts, the Microsoft account states it is 'linked' but my gallery will not connect. There was a software update yesterday which was installed yet did not fix the problem.  2FA is turned off for OneDrive, but you cannot turn off 2FA for the Samsung account, not sure if this is posing a problem. Extremely frustrating.

xSpectre_iD
First Poster
Options

Same issue, have spent way too much time on this. Wondering if integration is currently broken, will try again another time.

KayCeeLulu
Student
Options

I have managed to rectify it.

I went into Settings > Name at Top (Samsung Account) > Samsung Cloud > Back up Data

Made sure that all items to sync were turned on then scrolled to the bottom and tapped 'Back up now'.

Once each item finished backing up (it will tell you beneath each item), I then went to 

Settings > Name at Top (Samsung Account) > Samsung Cloud > Gallery (Sync with OneDrive) > Turn toggle to on > Tap SYnc Now

This has resolved the issue for me.

0 Likes
GalaxyNyx
Apprentice
Options

Tried this numerous times before. It doesn't work on my note 20 ultra. 

0 Likes