Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A51 pattern unlock no longer works

(Topic created on: 09-05-2023 08:41 PM)
Mathilderv
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

my son is facing the same issue, with his Samsung A51,  as the one reported in the topic below : his pattern is no longer working after a phone restart ( probably due to a software upgrade ).

To make it short : he has set the pattern many months ago and he was using only his fingerprint to unlock his phone.

Somehow the phone has rebooted and now it's IMPOSSIBLE to unlock it, it's always asking for the pattern, he has tried a lot of times without success.

There is no recovery mode using his fingerprint or his google account, the phone is totally locked and now he can only do one trial per day.

What can be done to solve the issue ? I've already tried all the tricks in hundreds of videos, forums ...

No, he doesn't have a backup, no Samsung account, no third party check .... and he wants to retrieve his data.

I have of course the original purchase receipt, the original phone case, the IMEI ....

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/samsung-galaxy-a51-pattern-unlock-no-longer-work...

9 REPLIES 9
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Hi. You won't be able to retrieve your sons data. If it was backed up before then he can retrieve it. The only option to fix the issue might be to factory resetting the phone. But if you don't want to go down this route. It will be best to submit a error report via the member apps where this can be better looked into.
0 Likes
Mathilderv
Journeyman
Options

Thank you but how is it possible that a big company like Samsung with thousands of engineers was unable to set an alternative to the pattern, because my son was using his finferprint, so why fingerprint cannot be used as a backup solution when the pattern is forgotten ?

0 Likes
Mathilderv
Journeyman
Options

My son was using his fingerprint to unlock the phone but he doesn't have a Samsung account, that's why I'm asking why it's not possible to unlock the phone using that feature ?

I mean that if you have two ways to unlock the phone ( pattern + fingerprint ), why only the pattern can be used after a restart ?

0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
It could be down to a software glitch which should be fixed in an update. But you should still make a error report
0 Likes
Mathilderv
Journeyman
Options

When connecting the smartphone to the pc via an USB cable, I cannot see/do anything.

0 Likes
Mathilderv
Journeyman
Options

How can this be done, as the phone is totally locked ?

0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
You probably need to flash the firmware using odin tool as it sounds like it's a software issue
kevnbarr
First Poster
Options
Hi20230509_222926_34438_1683667767.jpg
0 Likes
Faizan kaleem
First Poster
Options

i have samsung account attached but i cant unlock it

0 Likes