Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 Lock Screen Problems

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 10:20 PM)
Nibbse
First Poster
Options

Hi just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with their lock screens on the Samsung A70?

Me and my partner both have the same phone, Samsung A70 and have both experienced problems with our lock screens. My partners phone in particular is an issue as it permanently stays lit up when locked, meaning it never hibernates and is always on which drains the battery really really quickly. He has tried the usual resets and turning off and on. We have checked all the sleep settings and he even has a flip cover to try to make it hibernate whilst the cover is shut, but the light of the lock screen still remains on below this. Is it a fault with this particular phone or is there a solution?

My phone on the other hand has experienced the opposite, the lock screen wouldn't come on at all and I got stuck in a loop of only being shown the turn off screen. Since this the lock screen frequently freezes. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Could you post some pictures of the problem ? Would be easier to understand.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm just asking...could be that your partner's phone has a screensaver activated ?
0 Likes
Nibbse
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for your response. Taking a photo won't really show the issue as it is permanently on the lock screen when the phone isn't being used (as in it is never just a black screen which is why it is draining the battery). Do you know how a screensaver gets activated or where we can look to see if one is activated? 

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Is it something like this ?

Screenshot_20201110-223531_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-223609_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
To check if it's a screensaver that's causing you problems, go to Settings -> Display -> Screensaver ( usually the last in the sub-menu )
0 Likes
Nibbse
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for your replies. It doesn't look like those images. It is the wallpaper of the lock screen that is always on, meaning when you go to unlock the phone the screen that appears on a normal phone, it is this screen that it is permanently switched on and never goes unless you unlock the phone. Unfortunately we have checked screensaver and that hasn't been activated either.

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
How about Settings -> Display-> screen timeout ? What's the set interval ?
0 Likes
Nibbse
First Poster
Options

It's on 15 seconds

0 Likes
Vinay786
First Poster
Options
Hi did this get resolved? I have the same issue. My lock screen stays lit. Not all the time but does it randomly. It is draining the battery.
0 Likes