Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A54 not charging

(Topic created on: 02-11-2023 07:04 PM)
Chris741
Apprentice
Options
Good Evening 
I purchased a Samsung A54 three weeks ago and it will not fast charge. Sometimes it will not charge at all. If it does charge it is stuck on slow charge.
I have made sure the fast charge button is on and tried numerous chargers and cables. 
Nothing works.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If it is only 3 weeks old, I would return it for an exchange (not a repair).
0 Likes
Chris741
Apprentice
Options
Thanks piperdog. New phone not working properly, very frustrating.
I will take your advice.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chris741 you would have to check the cooling off period in regards to returning a phone. 

This can depend on where you purchased the phone from and the region you reside in. 

Also run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

Look in the charging port using a torch for debris and if you can try another charging cable and port as they maybe at issue. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chris741
Apprentice
Options
BandOfBrothers. Only bought the phone just over 3 weeks ago.
I don't want to start poking in the port and causing damage when the phone is still under warranty.
I have made sure the fast charging switch is on . Used different cables and connectors. Made sure the software is up to date. Either it won't charge or it is stuck on normal charging.
My Wife has the same phone and it fast charges perfectly.
Where is the diagnostic app on Samsung members?
Thanks in Advance for your advice and help.
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Are you using an official Samsung charger plug? If so using third parties chargers and cables is not recommended. Depending on which charging speed your using. A54 supports charging speeds up to 25w fast charging. If you don't have it you can buy it direct from Samsung
0 Likes
Chris741
Apprentice
Options
Good Afternoon. Thanks for your response.
We have an old Official samsung charger and 2 new Belkin 25w chargers. All work perfectly on my Wife's phone which is exactly the same model as mine. She has the fast charging mode which works perfectly. My A54 is stuck on normal charging ( I have checked the phone diagnostics, software, charging port etc) The fast charging was working a few days ago and has now stopped. Had an Old Samsung S8 for 6 years and no problems with fast charging.
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
That's not good to hear. Try and reach out for support from Samsung. Or use this link direct from their website to fix your issue with your A54.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/
0 Likes
Chris741
Apprentice
Options
I'll try the link you have posted .
Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Your welcome. Did it solve your problem?
0 Likes