Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52S 5G Battery Draining Fast

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 07:57 AM)
NazmunNahar
Student
Options
I purchased Samsung A52S 5G few days ago from Samsung’s website in Spain. I am disappointed with the battery support. The battery is draining so fast. I barely use the phone for 10/15 min (browsing social media)  only to notice 20% of the charge is drained out. I have only used Samsung all my life and it seems that their quality is decreasing day by day. The battery is worst than my previous Samsung M10 which was 3500mh. 

In addition, Samsung no longer give headphones in the box which is also a disappointment. The logic behind this is not convincing. I am practically begin forced to pay more to buy a new one. 

Apart from that the customers service is worst in Spain. I placed order on 25 February 2022 and got it on 16 March 2022. Although the website says that the delivery time is 2/3 working days. I tried to contact their customers service via calls, messages and email. But they don’t speak English and don’t have anyone to assist for non-spanish speakers. That's what I was told by the customers representatives via chat and phone calls. And my email was never replied. I had to seek help from my spanish speaking friends which was also not helpful to know where or when my product is being delivered. The only thing they told is to wait. 

In summary, their quality of products and customers service is getting worse. I think it’s time I shift my choice of company for gadgets. 

Update: as of December 2022, the battery is only getting worse. Draining too fast that i cannot even use it for 5 hours (just browsing or phone call). 
10 REPLIES 10
tonialb
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here! Bought this phone 1 month ago, in Albania and the battery seems to be the big issue here! I read a lot of complaints on various forums, and they all had a single concern, the battery!

Before this, I had an A51, with less mAh and the battery drain was acceptable!

So, the only thing left is to hope that Samsung fixes this BUG with future updates! Otherwise goodbye Samsung and welcome Chinese stuff! 😞

Hernana93
First Poster
Options

I'm so worried because the time still going on and Samsung do nothing to help us.

Battery drain is just ridiculous in my A52 5G. It started after the April's Samsung phone update. Bogota, Colombia...

tonialb
Journeyman
Options

Just an update!

I did a hard reset (factory default), using "Power button + Volume Up". Surprisingly after this action, the battery started to function perfectly, as it should! I said I found peace, but apparently it was not said! Yesterday, without any update, only just few things from Play Store, the battery started to behave again as before!!! *****!😠

Maybe I should reset again, don't know!

asranjan
First Poster
Options

Your phone must be always trying to search for better Wi-Fi signal in the background even if you are connected to Wi-Fi

Enable Developer menu - Go to "Settings" - "About device" or "About phone" - "Software information" - tap "Build number" seven times - Enter your pattern, PIN or password

Switch on WiFi scan throttling
Go to "Settings" - "Developer Options" - "Networking" - "Wi-Fi scan throttling" - ON

The above should make it better. You also try the following

Switch off Mobile data always active (usually mobile data is not required when wifi is there)
Go to "Settings" - "Developer Options" - "Networking" - "Mobile data always active" - OFF

Try these and let us know

0 Likes
tonialb
Journeyman
Options

Hi @asranjan 

I greatly appreciate your help and efforts.

To be honest, every type I've had a smartphone, before I use it, I try to eliminate the use of the battery as much as possible by deactivating every options or applications that affects the drying of the battery. It has become a habit for me. 😀

The options you sent me, after I verified them, were at the stage you say(screenshot). I rarely use Wi-Fi, mostly 4G.

I believe more that this is something at the software level. I guarantee 100% that if I do a hard RESET, the situation will be normalized. I say it with certainty, because I have tried it (seriously) 4-5 times. The battery was discharged normally after the RESET, for quite some time (~1 month), then the problem started again!

I have another Samsung, A51, but I don't have this problem!

Anyway, I will do a hard RESET once more, and I will monitor the situation until the next update. This is to rule out any cause/consequences that may come from software/patches update.

thanks

Screenshot_20220918-150257_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
tonialb
Journeyman
Options

I prefer Samsung too. This is why I only bought Samsung recently. But we cannot deny the problems! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
NazmunNahar
Student
Options
Hey! The settings has been the same you have suggested. I didn’t have to change anything. Neither has the battery improved. I need to charge my phone at least twice a day now, without doing any heavy work. Next time, I am not purchasing any Samsung. This is my last Samsung mobile i would be using .
0 Likes
tonialb
Journeyman
Options

Just FYI.

Yesterday did a hard-reset, because of this problem. At the moment the battery is discharging properly. Let's see how long it will last this time. 😀

0 Likes
DrMadEngineer
First Poster
Options

Hey guys , any new solutions?

0 Likes