Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Spaceline notification sound

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 09:18 AM)
Murasaki4
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

Just like the title says every now and then I hear the spaceline notification out loud (even when my phone is on silent or dnd). When I check there is no notification on my phone itself and I also have all my notifications either on silent or different ringtone. I've tried different things and checked but can't seem to find why this happens.

I have the A70 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Murasaki4: Next time you hear the Spaceline tone can you try heading to Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Notification History to see if the source of notification is displayed here? 

0 Likes
Murasaki4
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210731-174430_Settings.jpg

 it seems that it's the Android system itself but I'm not sure which one of the listed it was and I also can't turn it off

0 Likes
Bopbe
First Poster
Options
I also have the very obtrusive spaceline sound which I would like to delete!
0 Likes
Bopbe
First Poster
Options
WhatsApp is badly affected and every contact it sounds spaceline first then the chosen sound afterwards. Also with messages every time a message came through app it would be spaceline. So I went to the settings on the messages app and reaffirmed the original sound I had chosen. This seemed to help but I'm not sure until a bit of time has lapsed as with WhatsApp if I get several messages from a contact the first message will be spaceline then maybe sometimes the correct sound. The next message can be the chosen sound its so random and so infuriating!! I think it was the last update on the phone last that might have caused it. I can't even delete the sound spaceline as it seems to be embedded in the Samsung bit of the phone I can't access even when I connect it to a laptop
0 Likes
Jeff in Miami
First Poster
Options

I have the same stupid Spaceline sound at random times (currently a ZFold5 and recently a ZFold4). Sometimes it comes from Apps that are indicated to be Silent. Sometimes there is NO history indicating where the sound came from. There is no rhyme or reason to this but I've had this with Samsung phones for YEARS. Luckily, I also have a work phone (iPhone) and have no zany, useless noises. The good news about the Spaceline sound is that whenever I hear it, I know I can ignore it! Still annoying especially when ignorant Samsung tech support offered to show me how to make it LOUDER.  SAMSUNG, PEASE FIND THE BUG IN YOUR SOFTWARE AND FIX IT.

0 Likes