Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"downloads" folder in gallery disappeared

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 12:48 AM)
vratislavia
Apprentice
Options

hello,

I'm currently using the samsung a5 2017 device. In the gallery app, under "albums" the "dowloads" folder has disappeared. I've done some google searches regarding this and haven't been able to find a solution. This has happened before and somehow after a few days it reappeared again. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm losing my mind!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @vratislavia 

Let's run through some basics. Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Apps > Settings > About device > Software update. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

0 Likes
vratislavia
Apprentice
Options

hi chrism,

Thanks for replying. I have android 8.0. I just did a soft reboot. The folder is still missing.

0 Likes
kolsam
Explorer
Options

The Downloads folder disappears if there is nothing in it.

Download some pictures to see if it re-appears.

0 Likes
vratislavia
Apprentice
Options

The reason I asked about the missing "download " folder was because after downloading files/pics I couldn't find them in the gallery app. I had many files in the download folder before it disappeare.  My problem is definitely not what you describe.

Anyone else? Or should I buy an iphone?

kolsam
Explorer
Options

Look in your "My Files" or other File Manager App to see if it shows any Downloads.

0 Likes
CodyWatson
Student
Options

I am currently having the same issue

When I was trying to delete a picture from Gallery in my downloads folder I accidentally nudged something and they Whole Folder disappeared

I can still download stuff but when I do It goes to my files under downloads an doesn't make it's way to my Gallery at all, I REALLY Need Someone's Help Please 

I'm not sure if I deleted the the entire folder from my entire phone or not, I was just in gallery when it happened. I tried to make a new folder but I'm not good with anything technically so it ended up not registering to anything and just being a empty folder that I had to manually put stuff in

0 Likes
kolsam
Explorer
Options

In the Gallery App, press menu (3 dots top right).

Check the Recycle Bin for pictures, the bin empties after 30 days.

In the menu you can also Create New Album.

0 Likes
CodyWatson
Student
Options

I ended up calling help hot line,

I performed a soft reboot an then downloaded 3 apps called quickpic an opened them all ( didnt know which to get )

Then downloaded a video from YouTube to test my gallery and the Download Folder was Remade and added back

0 Likes
golden2
Student
Options

hi me 2

0 Likes