Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone reception on A13

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 04:23 PM)
Members_jnDeBFA
First Poster
Options

Prior to changing to the a13 I had the Sony Xl4and had brilliant reception. I now have to go outdoors to answer or make calls at home as the person I am in contact with can no hear me.. Any suggestions please? 

4 REPLIES 4
nöah2012
Student
Options
This is not the phone it is the carrier you use, what do you use?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_jnDeBFA: Are you experiencing this issue with all contacts, or just certain ones? Similarly, does it only happening in certain locations, such as at home, or is it persistent in all locations? Is it affecting outbound calls, inbound calls, or both? 

If you end the call, and ring the caller back, are they able to hear you? If so then this suggests that a temporary network issue is causing the problem, therefore you may wish to reach out to your network directly to enquire about any issues with the service in your area. If you have a case or cover on the phone, please remove it temporarily, just in case it is blocking or interfering with the phone's antenna. 

0 Likes
Troubadour
Pioneer
Options
Or, another possibility, the two phones may be using different frequencies to connect to the cell tower. The cell tower may be sending its transmissions via only some of the frequencies your phone recognises. To check the frequencies for each phone mkdel, Google phone model plus gsmarena. As a visitor I don't know the best way to identify frequencies being transmitted on a particular cell tower. Perhaps someone else can advise.

Also test if you can call by going to a window facing towards your closest cell tower..

Check if your carrier offers "wifi calling". If they do you can make high quality calls inside your house (and other places) whenever you are within wifi range when you are logged in
Something to test, if you lock your network connections (Settings, Search "network settings") down to a lower level, e.g. 5G to 4G, or 4G to 3G is that a temporary fix?
The more expensive solution is to add an external aerial to your residence, facing towards your closest cell tower, designed for your phone model.
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
Are you using 4g sim in a 5g phone?? If so in settings turn of the 5g or toggle to 3g 4g lte. Just an idea or new 5g sim as could be outdated sim card if you had it a long time.. I had same with my a32 5g 👍
0 Likes